The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Criminalistics Administrator in the Police Department. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under general direction, plans, directs, and manages the activities and operations of the Criminalistics-Laboratory; and performs related duties as required.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description and physical requirements. Minimum Qualifications
Required Documents/Assessment InformationDOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:1)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in criminal justice, physical science, forensic science, personnel management, business administration, or closely related field
- Six (6) years of professional-level experience conducting crime scene investigations and collecting and processing evidence, lab management/administrator level experience, and (3) years of which were at the supervisory level
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483.
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check.
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years.Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment.
- Desirable: Master's Degree from accredited college or university in a closely related field.
- Desirable: Active membership and participation in the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors, International Association for Identification, American Academy of Forensic Sciences, and International Association for Property and Evidence.
Completed Employment Application2)
Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireASSESSMENT DATES:
Selection interview dates to be determinedAll applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada or available via video format to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson on-line application system. Please check your e-mail on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.Selection Process
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. IMPORTANT : Appointment is subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation, polygraph examination, medical/physical examination, drug and alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job . As part of the background investigation, all claims of education and experience made in the employment application process, as well as other information submitted, will be verified.NOTE: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The selection process should be completed within four (4) months of the closing date. Candidates may reapply when there is a vacancy and a posting to establish an eligibility list. Some candidates may be disqualified indefinitely due to the results of their background investigation.
Closing Date/Time: 7/16/2020 5:00 PM Pacific