IntroductionTHIS IS A NEW ASSEMBLED EXAMINATION.
The eligible list resulting from this examination will cancel any existing list and may last approximately one year, but can be extended.
Applications must be in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the Last Day for Filing. Supplemental Questionnaire:
A properly completed Supplemental Questionnaire must be submitted with each application. Applications and Supplemental Questionnaires must be in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the Last Day for Filing. Failure to submit the Supplemental Questionnaire will result in disqualification.
Applications and Supplemental Questionnaires will only be accepted on-line.
DESCRIPTION THE AGENCY
Zone 7 provides treated drinking water to four major water retailers serving around 220,000 residents and businesses. The retailers are: the City of Pleasanton; the City of Livermore; California Water Service Company - Livermore; and Dublin San Ramon Services District, which provides water service to Dublin and the Dougherty Valley area of San Ramon. THE POSITION
This is an advanced journey level position located in the Accounting section of Zone 7 Water Agency. The class of Senior Auditor/Accountant, Zone 7 is distinguished from the class of Accounting Manager, Zone 7 in that the latter class has overall responsibility for the fiscal program of the Agency.
Under general direction, perform and manages complex professional governmental and enterprise accounting work; performs audits of internal accounting systems and operations; prepares a variety of statistical and narrative reports; and performs other related duties as required. IDEAL CANDIDATE
• A highly responsible and motivated professional who exercises judgement, initiative, and plays a key role in the Accounting section.
• Independently performs the full range of routine to highly complex professional accounting work requiring advanced knowledge of governmental accounting fundamentals and substantial professional experience ensuring daily accounting operations are carried out by established accounting principles, policies, procedures, and objectives.
• Actively participates as a member of a team committed toward the continuous improvement in accuracy, efficiency, and service levels.
• Understands the interrelationships among the accounting functions and oversees the performance of these functions.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel with an ability to accurately and professionally illustrate and present complex and relevant financial information in a comprehensible format.
• Takes ownership of software systems that support timekeeping, cost accounting, and financial reporting.
• Experience interpreting and applying laws, regulations, policies, and agreements related to governmental accounting practices and principles.
• Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
For a detailed listing of theSenior Auditor/Accountant, Zone 7
duties and essential competency requirements, please click on the link to see the complete job description.
The equivalent of two (2) years full-time experience as an Accountant/Auditor, Zone 7.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
The equivalent of five (5) years full-time professional governmental accounting or auditing experience.
NOTE : The Civil Service Commission may modify the above Minimum Qualifications in the announcement of an examination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSThe most suitably qualified candidates will possess the following competencies:
Knowledge of :
- General and governmental accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Cost accounting and financial information systems.
- Development of overhead and allocation rates.
- Generally accepted auditing standards.
- Laws and regulations controlling Agency fiscal operations.
- Principles of personnel and public administration.
- Utility rate-making methodologies and legal requirements.
- Computer technology and spreadsheet proficiency as applied to accounting systems.
Ability to :
- Apply general and governmental accounting principles and practices.
- Analyze multifaceted data and present data clearly.
- Create, maintain, and utilize complex financial spreadsheets.
- Evaluate and resolve accounting, financial information system, and timekeeping problems.
- Plan, manage and perform auditing and accounting tasks.
- Assign, review, train and supervise the work of others.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and orally.
- Adapt to changing work situations.
- Work with the public and other staff.
The examination will consist of the following steps:
- A review of candidates' application to verify possession of minimum requirements. Those candidates who possess the minimum requirements for the class will move on to the next step in the examination process.
- A review of the supplemental questionnaire to determine the best qualified.
- An oral interview which will be weighted as 100% of the candidates' final examination score. The oral interview may contain situational exercises.
Candidates must attain a qualifying rating on each portion of this recruitment.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE ANNOUNCED EXAMINATION STEPS.
We reserve the right to make changes to the announced examination components. Alameda County utilizes a Civil Service Selection System founded on merit. Such a system is competitive and based on broad recruitment efforts and equal opportunity for qualified applicants to test in an examination process designed to determine the qualifications, fitness and ability of competitors to perform duties of the vacant position. Many of our recruitments are targeted and specific to the needs of a current vacant position, in which case, the eligible list may be exclusively used for that current vacant position. Other recruitments many be more broadly used for both current and future vacancies, or for other alternate jobs with comparable scopes of work.
To learn more about our recruitment and selection process, please visit the "What You Need to Know" section of our website, www.acgov.org/hrs
Applicants will be informed via email with reasonable noticein advance of any examination process which will require their attendance. The following dates are tentative and subject to change based on the needs of the Agency:
TENTATIVE SELECTION PLAN Deadline for Filing:
5:00 p.m., Friday,June 19, 2020
Wednesday, July 22, 2020Review of Minimum Qualifications:
by Wednesday,June24 , 2020
Monday, July 27, 2020Review of Supplemental Questionnaire for Best Qualified:
by Friday July10,2020
Monday, August 10, 2020Oral Interview with Situation Exercises:
Week of August 03, 2020
*Updated on 6/18/2020 (EB)
Alameda County and the Human Resource Services Department will make reasonable efforts in the examination and/or selection process to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities and/or medical conditions in accordance/compliance with the State Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Alameda County's Reasonable Accommodation Policy and applicable statutes. To request an accommodation due to a disability/medical condition during this or other phases of the examination/selection process, please contact the assigned Human Resources Representative listed on the job announcement before the last date of filing. Alameda County requires applicants to provide supporting documentation to substantiate a request for reasonable accommodation. In order to qualify for a reasonable accommodation, applicants must have a disability/medical condition pursuant to the ADA, FEHA and applicable statutes.
For more information regarding our Reasonable Accommodation procedures, please visit our website, www.acgov.org/hrs
Alameda County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that affords wide-ranging health care options to meet the different needs of a diverse workforce and their families. We also sponsor many different employee discount, fitness and health screening programs focused on overall well being. These benefits include but are not limited to*:For your Health & Well-Being
For your Financial Future
- Medical - HMO & PPO Plans
- Dental - HMO & PPO Plans
- Vision or Vision Reimbursement
- Share the Savings
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance (with optional dependent coverage for eligible employees)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- County Allowance Credit
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Health FSA, Dependent Care and Adoption Assistance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits - Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program
For your Work/Life Balance
- Retirement Plan - (Defined Benefit Pension Plan)
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457 Plan or Roth Plan)
- 11 paid holidays
- Floating Holidays
- Vacation and sick leave accrual
- Vacation purchase program
- Management Paid Leave**
- Catastrophic Sick Leave
- Group Auto/Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Employee Wellness Program (e.g. At Work Fitness, Incentive Based Programs, Gym Membership Discounts)
- Employee Discount Program (e.g. theme parks, cell phone, etc.)
- Child Care Resources
- 1 st United Services Credit Union
*Eligibility is determined by Alameda County and offerings may vary by collective bargaining agreement. This provides a brief summary of the benefits offered and can be subject to change.
** Non-exempt management employees are entitled to up to three days of management paid leave. Exempt management employees are entitled to up to seven days of management paid leave.
All notices related to County recruitments for which you have applied will be sent/delivered via email. Please email@example.com, acgov.org and Noreply@jobaps.com
as accepted addresses to any email blocking or spam filtering program you may use. If you do not do this, your email blocking or spam filtering program may block receipt of the notices regarding your application for recruitments. You are also strongly advised to regularly log into your County of Alameda online application account to check for notices that may have been sent to you. All email notices that will be sent to you will also be kept in your personal online application account. You will be able to view all of your notices in your online application account by clicking on the "My applications" button on the Current Job Openings page.
Please take the steps recommended above to insure you do not miss any notices about a recruitment for which you have applied. The County of Alameda is not responsible for notices that are not read, received or accessed by any applicant for a County recruitment.
NOTE: All notices are generated through an automated email notification system. Replies to the email box Noreply@jobaps.com
are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. If you have questions, please go to our website at www.acgov.org/hrs
. You may also contact the Human Resources Analyst listed on the job announcement for the recruitment for which you have applied.
Erika Beams, Human Resources Analyst
Human Resource Services, County of Alameda Erika.Beams@acgov.org
Alameda County has a diverse workforce, that is representative of the communities we serve and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance and business need. Alameda County does not discriminate in employment on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors protected under federal, state and local law. Alameda County celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive, and welcoming workplace environment.Closing Date/Time: 7/22/2020 5:00:00 PM
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.