The Department of Public Health
is recruiting for a Nurse Manager
who will administer and supervise a variety of County-wide public health nurse and community programs featuring the maternal through young adult population, and staffed primarily by Supervising Public Health Nurses, Public Health Nurses, Health Education Specialists, and Environmental Health Specialists. This position will work under the direction of a Public Health Program Manager and works to ensure excellent program and nursing services and evidence-based practice, while optimizing resources for achieving individual and community health outcomes.
The incumbent may also perform the following essential functions:
- Directs and oversees a quality management process that includes establishing goals and objectives of services, enhancing staff and resource and development, establishing and maintaining standards of practice and evaluating performance, competency and compliance.
- Assesses, develops, reviews and implements program and nursing specific policies and procedures; establishes management information systems to monitor program effectiveness, efficiencies and outcomes.
- Reviews legislation, administrative policy and directives to determine impact to services. Issues recommendations and oversees service delivery changes.
- Collaborates with relevant professional organizations, and works with State of California departments to implement services and public health policy. Coordinates nursing services with contract agencies and serves as the liaison to public and private agencies.
- Oversees and coordinates the nursing preparedness and response to natural and other emergencies and disasters.
- Assesses the health status of program participants and their related determinates of health through the scientific process, and recommends changes to service delivery.
- Oversees and directs nursing staff development, including training and skill building, performance observations and upholding nurse competencies and practice.
- Ensures compliance with all fiscal, administrative and program requirements, including preparing and monitoring budgets.
For more detailed information, refer to the Public Health Nurse Manager job description.
*Official Title: Public Health Nurse Manager
Excellent Benefits Package Includes: CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Travel/License:
Travel throughout the County is required. Employees may be required to make provision for transportation. At the time of hire, a valid California Class C driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance must be produced for the individual providing the transportation.Minimum Requirements
Applicants must possess all
of the following:Education:
A Bachelor's degree in Nursing.License:
Must possess and maintain a current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.Certifications:
Must possess and maintain a valid California Public Health Nursing certificate and a Healthcare Provider level Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.Experience:
Three (3) years of full-time equivalent work experience as aPublic HealthNurse, of which one (1) year must have been in a public health community setting/home visiting setting AND
one (1) year of experience as a full-scope supervisor over a public health nursing staff. Note:
Qualifying degrees or coursework must be completed at a college or university accredited by any accrediting association recognized by the United States Department of Education. Degrees or coursework completed outside the U.S. must be accompanied with an evaluation report from a reputable credential evaluation service showing equivalency to degrees or coursework completed at a college or university accredited by any accrediting association recognized by the United States Department of Education. Desired Qualifications
The ideal candidate has supervisory and administrative experience; possesses excellent knowledge and competency and experience with the scope and standards of public health nursing practice, including individual and population-based assessment, diagnosis, outcomes, planning and evaluation; expertise with quality management; strong and confident in leading and supervising a multidisciplinary staff; competent in serving diverse cultural communities and skilled in writing and oral communication. A public health nurse with a Master's degree in administration/business is highly desirable.Selection Process
Applications will be accepted continuously and reviewed on a regular basis. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as this recruitment may close at any time. Resumes will not be accepted
in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaire.
To ensure timely andsuccessfulsubmission of your onlineapplication, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application. Once your application has been successfullysubmitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you requiretechnical assistance
, please click HERE to review theGovernmentJobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-FreeApplicant Support line at (855) 524-5627.Please notethat Human Resources is notresponsiblefor any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.
There will be acompetitive evaluation
of qualifications based upon a review of the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire.Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process .