Examples of Duties: Under administrative direction, the Assistant Director of Aviation - Operations, works closely with the Director of Aviation in directing and administering Airport Operational programs of the Port of Oakland in accordance with the mission, goals, and objectives as articulated by the
Executive Director and approved by the Board of Port Commissioners. The incumbent ensures compliance with Federal, State and local laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to aviation.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• The incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the day-to-day operation of the Oakland International Airport. Reports to the Director of Aviation and may act as Director in his/her absence.
• Directs the inspection of airport facilities for proper maintenance, compliance with established safety requirements, and needed repairs and improvements.
• Provides support in the planning, organization and overall direction of the work at Oakland International Airport to ensure safe, effective and efficient airport operations.
• Assists the Director with long and short-range planning by forecasting for aviation needs and formulating recommendations for major expansion programs.
• Reviews operational reports, develops recommendations, and prepares proposed changes as necessary for the continued efficiency of airport operations and maintenance activities.
• Represents the Port and Airport at meetings and conferences.
• Prepares operational records and reports and presents findings to the Director of Aviation, stakeholders, aviation committees and associations, chambers of commerce, commissions, boards, governmental agencies, and other civic and interested groups.
For complete job description, click HERE
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Certifications and Experience
This position requires a combination of education and experience reflecting possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. A typical combination would include graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in airport management, business administration, public administration or related field plus at least seven years of full-time paid managerial or supervisory experience in airport management, airport operations or airport finance and administration.
Additional Requirements: 1. Must possess a valid California Class C driver license at the time and for the duration of appointment.
2. This classification requires each incumbent to complete and pass a Transportation Security Administration/Federal Aviation Administration (TSA/FAA) 10-year employment history verification, which will include fingerprinting and a Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) prior to being considered for this position. In addition, the incumbent in this position will be required to complete and pass a U.S. Customs Airport Security Program Check (19CFR122.182). This status must be maintained for the duration of employment at the Airport.
3. Must be available for on-call duty as required by emergency situations, or as required for uninterrupted Port operations.
HOW TO APPLY
to apply online at ADK Executive Search by June 12, 2020.
For questions and inquiries, please contact:
Project Manager: Matt Nelson, CM ATP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: after your application is complete, you will receive an important email from us. Please check your inbox and your junk/spam folder, and if you have not received our email, please notify us at email@example.com.
Fri. 06/12/20 5:00 PM Pacific Time