The City of Henderson is seeking enthusiastic team players to provide premier public service in our award-winning Parks & Recreation Department.
Under immediate supervision, performs a variety of food service and meal tasks for Recreation Division programs, including food preparation work, meal service, and food inspection; and performs related duties as assigned.
Food Services Assistant is an excellent opportunity to serve the Henderson community in an entry-level position.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description.
Because Food Services Assistant positions are available in facilities throughout the City of Henderson, work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs.Candidates for this position will be subject to post-offer drug testing (NRS 613(1) (d)).Minimum Qualifications
Required Documents/Assessment Information Documents Required at the Time of Application:
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Desirable: Six (6) months of experience working in a food service or commercial kitchen environment.
- Any combination of education and/or work experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance.
- Must present a Food Handler Safety Training card issued by the Southern Nevada Health District at the time of hire.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, an American Red Cross, or equivalent, standard First Aid and CPR certifications within the first three (3) months of employment.
- Completion of the ServSafe Food Handler Program within the first three (3) months of employment.
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire Selection Process
You will be contacted by email or phone during the application and hiring process. It is your responsibility to check the email and phone number voicemail you provided on your application.
We can't leave you a message if your voicemail is not set up or is full, so please make sure that you set up, check and clear out your voicemail during the application and hiring process.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Employment with the City may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer background investigation, medical/physical examination, and a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.