Announcement Number: 1446018063
Nevada Legislative Counsel Bureau
POSITION: Session Janitor, Temporary Full-Time Employment, Carson City, Nevada
Contact: Ken Kruse, Human Resources/Accounting,775.684.6966
SALARY AND Benefits:
Grade 23-2, ($15.67 per hour at the Employee/Employer Retirement Rate, plus shift
deferential for applicants hired to work the night shift); Benefits include: Paid holidays, annual
leave, sick leave, insurance; after the appropriate waiting periods. An explanation of the
retirement options and information regarding state retirement benefits may be accessed at
A description of the current health and dental benefits provided to all state employees is
available at http://pebp.state.nv.us/all_plan_benefits.htm. Other optional benefits are also
available, including a deferred compensation program.
This position will begin immediately and finish on or before June 30, 2021.
Session Janitors serve to provide cleaning maintenance to the various facilities that comprise
the Legislative Counsel Bureau, including but not limited to: offices, chambers, committee
rooms, restrooms, carpet cleaning/vacuuming, tile floor mopping - stripping - waxing - buffing
and the cleaning of glass throughout the buildings.
This job description provides a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees
who hold this position. It does not list all of the duties of the job. To meet the needs of the
Administrative Division, an employee in this position may be asked by supervisors to perform
other duties in addition to or in lieu of those set forth herein. An employee in this position will
be evaluated in part based upon the performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The Administrative Division has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job
description is not a contract for employment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reading nightly work schedules and follow assigned cleaning tasks.
• Cleaning of the offices which included the dumping of trash, carpet vacuuming &
extracting, dusting of furniture and removal of marks off of walls, baseboards and chair
• Cleaning the Assembly and Senate Chambers and all committee rooms, this will include
vacuuming, dusting, glass cleaning and trash removal.
• Daily cleaning and disinfecting of all restrooms at each facility.
• Maintenance and care of the carpet and proper care of tile floors that includes mopping,
stripping, waxing and buffing.
• Cleaning glass surfaces both inside and outside of each facility as assigned.
• Special cleaning projects as assigned.
• Other duties as required.
• Proper cleaning and maintenance methods for the care of various materials to meet
• Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the care of tile floors such as; stripping
wax, applying wax and correct buffing techniques.
• Knowledge of SDS sheets for the correct use of cleaning compounds and disinfecting
• Uses and operation of a wide variety of tools and equipment used in janitorial
• Safe working practices.
• Communicate effectively in writing and orally.
• Read and comprehend instructions and assignments.
• Maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Operate and perform operator maintenance of tools and equipment.
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and address problems
related to job duties.
• Various conditions including dirty restrooms, outdoor windows, and general offices.
• Requires the use of various cleaning products and cleaning tools and equipment.
• Requires the successful candidate to be able to perform the following motions in a fast
paced environment: walking, bending, twisting, scrubbing, stretching, pushing, pulling
and climbing. Candidates will be asked to frequently move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
and occasionally move and/or lift up to 80 pounds.
• The normal working hours are Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 1:00am.
• This position may be assigned to work either the day shift or night shift as needed.
• This position may require overtime, possible graveyard shifts and on-call duties,
especially in preparation for the legislative session and during peak times during the
2021 legislative session, a flexible schedule is mandatory.
• This position is located in Carson City, Nevada.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Graduation from high school or equivalent.
• One year experience in the janitorial or related field preferred.
The Legislative Counsel Bureau (LCB) is the central non-partisan staff agency serving the
Nevada Legislature. The LCB invites interested applicants to fully familiarize themselves with
the above outlined duties, abilities, and job functions. Applicants may be subject to a
All applicants must submit an LCB Employment Application, the LCB application can be found
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. All applications will be accepted on a
first-come, first-served basis. Hiring may occur at any time during the recruitment process.
Email may be used to transmit your application. Please utilize a Word or PDF format and send
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be dropped off in person to Room 1140 of the
Nevada Legislature or mailed to:
Legislative Counsel Bureau
Attn: Ken Kruse, Human Resources/Accounting
401 S. Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701-4747
NOTE: The Legislative Counsel Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, political affiliation or disability.
Closing Date/Time: Until recruitment needs are satisfied
Carson City, Nevada