IntroductionTHIS IS A NEW ASSEMBLED EXAMINATION.
The eligible list resulting from this examination will cancel any existing list and may last approximately one year, but can be extended. Supplemental Questionnaire :
A properly completed Supplemental Questionnaire must be submitted with each application. Applications and Supplemental Questionnaires must be in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the last day for filing. Failure to submit the Supplemental Questionnaire will result in disqualification. Applications and Supplemental Questionnaires will only be accepted on -line.
DESCRIPTION THE POSITION
Under direction, plans, writes, develops, coordinates and directs activities in fund development and grant management; provides analytical and technical assistance in the strategic planning and implementation of activities to financially build and sustain programs and services; and perform other related duties as assigned.
Please CLICK HERE
for full job description THE VACANCIES
We are currently recruiting to establish a countywide eligible list that will be used by any County department or agency needing to fill a vacancy in this classification. There are immediate vacancies in the Alameda County Probation Department
and Social Services Agency
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications below, ideal candidates will also exemplify the following critical attributes for success:
- Knowledge of public and private funding sources;
- Fund development and grant management techniques;
- Online national, state, and local data sources to support the preparation of grant applications;
- Federal and foundation grant research databases;
- Principles and techniques of grant writing, administrative and budgetary analysis;
- General marketing techniques;
- General principles of public administration;
- Health and Social services and resources;
- Computer applications related to work;
- The ability to research, analyze and make recommendations;
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing;
- Write grants;
- Make formal presentations to a variety of groups;
- Plan, organize, coordinate and prioritize work;
- Work independently, collaboratively with multidisciplinary team, community resources and organizations;
- Demonstrate interpersonal sensitivity;
- Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with department/agencies and the community;
- Exercise sound judgment; and
- Be flexible.
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business administration, public health administration, health care administration, education, social science or a field related to work. AND
The equivalent of three years of full-time experience in fund development which included revenue generation through competitive federal grant applications, and two years of experience in other fund development activities including state and foundation competitive grant writing, bond financing, and/or private fundraising.
(Two years of additional experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education requirement.)
Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's License. NOTE:
The Civil Service Commission may modify the above Minimum Qualifications in the announcement of an examination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS The most suitably qualified candidate will possess the following competencies: Knowledge of:
- Public and private funding sources.
- Fund development and grant management techniques.
- Online national, state, and local data sources to support the preparation of grant applications.
- Federal and foundation grant research databases.
- Principles and techniques of grant writing, administrative and budgetary analysis.
- General marketing techniques.
- General principles of public administration.
- Health and Social services and resources.
- Computer applications related to work.
- Public and private funding sources.
- Research, analyze and make recommendations.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Write grants.
- Make formal presentations to a variety of groups.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and prioritize work.
Work independently, collaboratively with multidisciplinary team, community resources and organizations.
- Demonstrate interpersonal sensitivity.
- Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with department/agencies and the community.
- Exercise sound judgment.
- Be flexible.
EXAMINATION COMPONENTSThe examination will consist of the following steps:
Candidates must attain a qualifying rating on each portion of this recruitment. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE ANNOUNCED EXAMINATION STEPS.
- A review of candidates' application to verify possession of minimum requirements. Those candidates who possess the minimum requirements for the class will move on to the next step in the examination process.
- A review of the supplemental questionnaire to determine the best qualified.
- An oral interview which will be weighted as 100% of the candidates' final examination score. The oral interview may contain situational exercises.
Alameda County utilizes a Civil Service Selection System founded on merit. Such a system is competitive and based on broad recruitment efforts and equal opportunity for qualified applicants to test in an examination process designed to determine the qualifications, fitness and ability of competitors to perform duties of the vacant position. Many of our recruitments are targeted and specific to the needs of a current vacant position, in which case, the eligible list may be exclusively used for that current vacant position. Other recruitments may be more broadly used for both current and future vacancies, or for other alternate jobs with comparable scopes of work.
To learn more about our recruitment and selection process, please visit the "What You Need to Know" section of our website, www.acgov.org/hrs
Applicants will be informed via email with reasonable notice in advance of any examination process which will require their attendance. The following dates are tentative and subject to change based on the needs of the Agency: TENTATIVE SELECTION PLAN
Deadline for Filing:
5:00 PM, Monday, June 1st , 2020
5:00 PM, Friday, July 10th , 2020
Review of Minimum Qualifications:
Wednesday, June10th, 2020
Friday June 26th, 2020
Review of Supplemental Questionnaire for Best Qualified:
Week of June 29th, 2020
Week of July 20th, 2020
** updated 05/29/2020, TG, updated -6/22/2020, TG
*If designated as a combined oral examination/hiring interview, in addition to establishing an eligibility list, the oral interviews may serve as the final selection interview for vacancies in this classification. ***WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE ANNOUNCED RECRUITMENT & SELECTION PLAN***
Alameda County and the Human Resource Services Department will make reasonable efforts in the examination and/or selection process to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities and/or medical conditions in accordance/compliance with the State Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Alameda County's Reasonable Accommodation Policy and applicable statutes. To request an accommodation due to a disability/medical condition during this or other phases of the examination/selection process, please contact the assigned Human Resources Representative listed on the job announcement before the last date of filing
. Alameda County requires applicants to provide supporting documentation to substantiate a request for reasonable accommodation. In order to qualify for a reasonable accommodation, applicants must have a disability/medical condition pursuant to the ADA, FEHA and applicable statutes. For more information regarding our Reasonable Accommodation procedures, please visit our website, www.acgov.org/hrs
Alameda County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that affords wide-ranging health care options to meet the different needs of a diverse workforce and their families. We also sponsor many different employee discount, fitness and health screening programs focused on overall well being. These benefits include but are not limited to*:For your Health & Well-Being
For your Financial Future
- Medical - HMO & PPO Plans
- Dental - HMO & PPO Plans
- Vision or Vision Reimbursement
- Share the Savings
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance (with optional dependent coverage for eligible employees)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- County Allowance Credit
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Health FSA, Dependent Care and Adoption Assistance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits - Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program
For your Work/Life Balance
- Retirement Plan - (Defined Benefit Pension Plan)
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457 Plan or Roth Plan)
- 11 paid holidays
- Floating Holidays
- Vacation and sick leave accrual
- Vacation purchase program
- Management Paid Leave**
- Catastrophic Sick Leave
- Group Auto/Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Employee Wellness Program (e.g. At Work Fitness, Incentive Based Programs, Gym Membership Discounts)
- Employee Discount Program (e.g. theme parks, cell phone, etc.)
- Child Care Resources
- 1 st United Services Credit Union
*Eligibility is determined by Alameda County and offerings may vary by collective bargaining agreement. This provides a brief summary of the benefits offered and can be subject to change.
** Non-exempt management employees are entitled to up to three days of management paid leave. Exempt management employees are entitled to up to seven days of management paid leave.
All notices related to County recruitments for which you have applied will be sent/delivered via email. Notices will be sent fromNoreply@jobaps.com
. Please add @jobaps.com
as accepted addresses to any email blocking or spam filtering program you may use. If you do not do this, your email blocking or spam filtering program may block receipt of the notices regarding your application for recruitments. You are also strongly advised to regularly log into your County of Alameda online application account to check for notices that may have been sent to you. All email notices that will be sent to you will also be kept in your personal online application account. You will be able to view all of your notices in your online application account by clicking on the 'My applications' button on the Current Job Openings page.Please take the steps recommended above to ensure you do not miss any notices about a recruitment for which you have applied. The County of Alameda is not responsible for notices that are not read, received or accessed by any applicant for a County recruitment.
NOTE: All notices are generated through an automated email notification system. Replies to the email box Noreply@jobaps.com
are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. If you have questions please go to our website at www.acgov.org/hrs
. You may also contact the Human Resources Analyst listed on the bulletin for the recruitment for which you have applied. Tracy Gonzalez, Human Resources Analyst
Human Resource Services, County of Alameda
510-272-5085; Email: Tracy.Gonzalez@acgov.orgwww.acgov.org/hrs
Alameda County has a diverse workforce, that is representative of the communities we serve, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance and business need. Alameda County does not discriminate in employment on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors protected under federal, state and local law. Alameda County celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive, and welcoming workplace environment.Closing Date/Time: 7/10/2020 5:00:00 PM
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.