FIRST DAY OF FILING:
January 6, 2020 @ 10:00 a.m., PT - Until the needs of the services are met and is subject to closure without noticeEXAM NUMBER:
Y8973M TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
Open Competitive Job OpportunityTHIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS A REBULLETIN TO UPDATE THE EXAMINATION CONTENT INFORMATION.DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES:
The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS) is the second largest municipal health system in the nation. DHS operates as an integrated health system, operating 26 health centers and four acute care hospitals, in addition to providing health care to youth in the juvenile justice system and inmates in the LA County jails. Across the network of DHS' directly operated clinical sites and through partnerships with community-based clinics, DHS cares for about 800,000 unique patients each year, employs over 22,000 staff, and has an annual operating budget of 5 billion.
Through academic affiliations with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), the University of Southern California (USC), and the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Sciences (CDU), DHS hospitals are training sites for physicians completing their Graduate Medical Education in nearly every medical specialty and subspecialty. In addition, to its direct clinical services, DHS also runs the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Agency and the County's 911 emergency response system, as well as Housing for Health and the Office of Diversion and Re-entry, each with a critical role in connecting vulnerable populations, including those released from correctional and institutional settings, to supportive housing. MISSION:
Our mission is to advance the health of our patients and our communities by providing extraordinary care.DEFINITION:
Plans, conducts, interprets and evaluates original research projects involving complex experimental designs in the field of behavioral and social sciences.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares reports and recommendations based on research findings.
- Devises data processing procedures that make use of high speed computers and work with computer personnel in the programming and processing of data.
- Consults with other departmental professional and administrative personnel in the development of study designs, the execution of the studies and the practical application of the results of research projects.
- Consults with other agencies concerning research problems and studies.
- Plans, designs, conducts and evaluates research projects involving complex experimental designs such as univariate and multi-variate analysis of variance, standard and inverse factor analysis and discriminant function.
- Trains and supervises technical and clerical personnel in connection with research projects.
- Develops original research hypotheses directed toward the improvement of County services in areas such as mental health probation, welfare services and human relations.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENT INFORMATION: Option I
- *A Ph.D or other doctoral degree from an accredited university with specialization in a field of the behavioral or social sciences -AND- one course in Statistics, Biostatistics or Epidemiology -AND- one (1) years' post-doctoral research experience including responsibility for the design, evaluation and implementation of research projects in a behavioral or social science field.Option II
- *A Master's degree from an accredited university with specialization in the field of the behavioral or social sciences -AND- one course in Statistics, Biostatistics or Epidemiology -AND- three (3) years post-master research experience including responsibility for the design, evaluation and implementation of research projects in a behavioral or social science field.Option III
- *A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a field of behavioral or social sciences -AND- one course in Statistics, Biostatistics or Epidemiology -AND- five (5) years of research experience including responsibility for the design, evaluation and implementation of research projects in a behavioral or social science field.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
- Experience in Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience with merging and analyzing data for patient population.
*In order to receive credit for any type of college degree, such as a Ph.D., Doctorate or Bachelor's degree you must include a legible copy of the official diploma, official transcripts, or official letter from the accredited institution which shows the area of specialization with your application at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days of filing online. LICENSE:
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.PHYSICAL CLASS II - Light:
Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
This examination will consist of an evaluation of education and experience based upon application information weighted 100%.Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher in order to be added to the eligible register for this examination.
Additional points will be awarded for additional experience beyond the Minimum Requirements.Notification Letters and other correspondences will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that applicants provide a valid email address. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email address book and to the list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as SPAM/JUNK mail.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
Applications will be processed on an "as-received"
basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.VACANCY INFORMATION:
The eligible register resulting from this examination will be used to fill vacancies throughout the Department of Health Services as they occur.
The names of candidates receiving a passing score on the examination will be placed on the eligible register and will appear in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of eligibility.No person may compete in this examination more than once every twelve (12) months.SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Appointees may be required to work any
shift including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. Fair Chance Initiative:
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment . The County will make an individual assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed. APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION: APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATION SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking on the green "Apply" button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
from the Class Specification and Selection Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
and you may be DISQUALIFIED
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the REQUIREMENTS.
Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, and description of work performed. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last date of filing will not be accepted.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach required documents, you must e-mail the documents to the exam analyst within 15 calendar days of filing online
. Please include the exam number and the exam title.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For Candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.DEPARTMENT CONTACT:
Jaquelyne Saldana, Exam Analyst
(323) 914-7158ADA COORDINATOR PHONE:
(323) 914-7111CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE: