TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
Open Competitive Job Opportunity EXAM NUMBER
Y5288D FIRST DAY OF FILING
04/02/2019 at 8:00 A.M. (PST)
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS A REBULLETIN TO UPDATE THE EXAMINATION CONTENT INFORMATION REGARDING NOTIFICATION OF EXAM RESULTS. PERSONS WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT REAPPLY, BUT MAY CONTACT THE EXAM ANALYST IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS) is the second largest health system in the nation, providing compassionate, quality care through its integrated system of hospitals and community-based clinics. DHS annually cares for about 600,000 unique patients, employs over 22,000 staff and has an annual operating budget of $4.3 billion. DHS leads the County's effort to provide health services to the residents of Los Angeles County, of which approximately two million are uninsured. DHS hospitals also conduct post-graduate medical education through university affiliations for interns, residents and fellows to train the physician workforce for tomorrow.
Our mission is to ensure access to high-quality, patient-centered, cost-effective health care to Los Angeles County residents through direct services at DHS facilities and through collaboration with community and university partners.
MANAGEMENT APPRAISAL OF PERFORMANCE PLAN (MAPP)
This position is subject to the provisions of the Management Appraisal of Performance Plan (MAPP). Initial salary placement and subsequent salary adjustments will be made in accordance with MAPP guidelines and regulations.
Under general direction, administers (1) the total education program, including multiple major programs or organizational areas of an operating unit or (2) the education program in a School of Nursing. In either role, incumbents have responsibility for planning, organizing, staffing, budgeting, directing and controlling the accomplishment of both short and long-term objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, organizes, directs, and leads the nature, content and extent of nursing education services for achievement of both short- and long-term objectives, including programs which integrate practice, as well as educational programs to implement new health care delivery practice changes, trends or changing technology.
- Directs the educational curriculum design at a School of Nursing, as needed.
- Determines the subordinate organizational structure, operations, nursing education instructional design methods and standards and makes adjustments and/or revisions consistent with changing goals and objectives.
- Directs development of, integrates and defends budget and manpower requests.
- Establishes policy for determining program emphasis and operating guidelines, including setting goals for areas of responsibility.
- Directs the development of educational programs based on quality assurance data to evaluate and monitor quality and appropriateness of care.
- Recruits, selects, hires, orients, and supervises nursing faculty; formally evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Interprets and communicates nursing and organizational philosophy and objectives, departmental policies and procedures, and ensures integration of professional standards of nursing.
- Evaluates and initiates operational compliance with licensure, accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Administers general personnel management matters and actions.
- Participates in strategic planning for the organization and the nursing service.
- Participates in formulating policy, procedures and standards for the organization and nursing service.
Requirements OPTION I
A Master's degree* in Nursing from an accredited nursing program -AND- three years' of relevant clinical experience** as a registered nurse -AND- four years' experience in Nursing Education, including two years involved in the supervision of nursing education or nursing programs. - OR - OPTION II
A Master's degree* in Nursing from an accredited nursing program -AND- three years' of relevant clinical experience** as a registered nurse -AND- four years' teaching in a state accredited school of nursing, including two years involved in the supervision of nursing education or nursing programs.- OR - OPTION III
A Bachelor's degree* in Nursing from an accredited nursing program with a Master's degree* in Education or Administration*** from an accredited college/university -AND- three years' of relevant clinical experience** as a registered nurse -AND- four years' experience in Nursing Education, including two years involved in the supervision of nursing education or nursing programs. - OR - OPTION IV
A Bachelor's degree* in Nursing from an accredited nursing program with a Master's degree** in Education or Administration*** from an accredited college/university -AND- three years' of relevant clinical experience** as a registered nurse -AND- four years' teaching in a state accredited school of nursing, including two years involved in the supervision of nursing education or nursing programs. LICENSE REQUIRED
:A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Please ensure the certificates and licenses section of the application is completed. Provide the type of required license(s), the number(s), date(s) of issue, the date(s) of expiration, and the name(s) of the issuing agency for the required license as specified in the Selection Requirements.
Applicants claiming experience in a state other than California must provide their registered license number and license information as noted above from that state on the application at the time of filing. Applicants' out-of-state experience will not be considered if submitted without the required evidence of licensure.
The required license and certification MUST
be current/active and unrestricted; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license or certification will NOT
be accepted. PHYSICAL CLASS
Physical Class II - Light: Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved. SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION
*In order to receive credit for any college course work, or any type of college degree, you must include a legible copy of the official diploma, official transcripts, or official letter from the accredited institution which shows the area of specialization with your application, at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days of filing.
**For this examination, relevant clinical experience is defined as providing direct patient care in an inpatient (beside) setting or in an outpatient (ambulatory care) setting.***
A Master's degree in Public Administration (MPA), Business Administration (MBA), Health Administration (MHA), Health Services Administration (MHS), Public Health Administration (MPH) will be accepted.
Additional Information DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Credit will be given to applicants who possess the following desirable qualifications:
- Additional experience in the supervision of nursing education or nursing programs in excess of the Selection Requirements.
- A Doctorate* in Nursing Practice or PhD* in Nursing from an accredited program.
- A Doctorate* of Education or its equivalent from an accredited college/university.
This examination will consist of an evaluation of education and experience based upon application information and desirable qualifications, weighted at 100%
.Candidates must meet the Selection Requirements and achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the examination in order to be added to the Eligible Register
.Notification Letters and other correspondences will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that applicants provide a valid email address. Please add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book and to the list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as SPAM/JUNK mail. ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade will be placed on the eligible register and will appear in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of promulgation. Applications will be processed on an "as received" basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly. No person may compete in this examination more than once every twelve (12) months. AVAILABLE SHIFT
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. VACANCY INFORMATION
The resulting eligible register for this examination will be used to fill vacancies in the Department of Health Services as they occur. APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION
Applications must be filed online only. Applications submitted by U.S. mail, Fax, or in person will not be accepted. Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing will not be accepted.
Apply online by clicking on the "APPLY" green button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly
shown that you meet the SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
. Fill out your application and supplemental questionnaire completely and correctly to receive full credit for related education and/or experience. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, and description of work performed. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected
If you are unable to attach the required documents as attachments during your application submission, you may email the documents to Brenda G. Aguila at email@example.com
within 15 calendar days of filing online. Please include the exam number and exam title. IMPORTANT NOTES
- Please note that ALL information included in the application materials is subject to VERIFICATION at any point during the examination and hiring process, including after an appointment has been made.
- FALSIFICATION of any information may result in DISQUALIFICATION or RESCISSION OF APPOINTMENT.
- Utilizing VERBIAGE from Class Specification and/or Selection Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirement. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION and your application may be DISQUALIFIED.
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment. The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER LANGUAGE
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number. COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County. NO SHARING USER ID AND PASSWORD
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record. ADA COORDINATOR
(323) 914-7111 CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE
(800) 735-2922 DEPARTMENT CONTACT
Brenda G. Aguila, Exam Analyst