SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $1,885.00/month to $2,331.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
University Extension (UE) organizes and offers educational programs to matriculated and non-matriculated students of the University. It is wholly self-supporting, functioning without general fund support. UE develops and maintains self-support programs from inception to marketing and finally to implementation. UE has a series of separate accounts and maintains its own payroll. UE consists of multiple sub-centers: The American Language Program; the Center for International Education; Oakland Professional Development Center; Concord Campus, Online Teaching and Learning.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Oakland Center Manager, the PT Oakland Center Assistant Sales and Events Coordinator is responsible for greeting students/faculty/clients arriving at The Center and responding to phone and email room reservation inquiries. The Assistant Sales and Events Coordinator also makes conference room reservations, both entering this information in our 25Live reservation software and accurately creating and emailing facility use agreements. This position also assists the FT Sales and Events Coordinator in the accurate entry of completed and billable events into our invoice tracking spreadsheet.
This is a part-time (0.725 time-base) position.
* Assist Sales and Events Coordinator in scheduling public and educational events, seminars, conferences, etc.
* Assist in all aspects of daily event set-up operations at The Oakland Center, including arranging classrooms and physical layout of facility, e.g., moving furniture and equipment, and setting up AV and video-conferencing equipment.
* Assist student workers and ensure conference rooms tables and chairs are properly configured and all requested support items are arranged in room in advance of scheduled event.
* Assist student workers in the cleaning of conference rooms and the removal and sorting of trash and garbage upon conclusion of events/meetings.
* Answer incoming phone calls and email regarding reservations, training, programs, and events.
* Handle front desk including answering phones and opening and sorting mail, responding to rental reservations, assisting with the collection of (e.g., contracts and insurance), materials and supplies requests, and other clerical duties.
* Assist Sales and Events Coordinator In entering room reservations in the 25Live reservation system, creating facility use agreements, and e-mail the agreements to the
* Input and update information in a variety of databases, including invoicing log and marketing spreadsheets.
* Compile collateral for programs; assist instructors, trainers and clients with course-related materials, including creating, copying, shipping, and handling documents. Also assist with
special equipment needs, e.g., EKG machine.
* Assist Sales and Events Coordinator as needed in maintaining contact with personnel from various organizations and University departments associated with scheduled courses and events.
* Assist Sales and Events Coordinator Maintain filing and record keeping systems.
* Assist with installation or maintenance of software programs used in classroom instruction
in the Center's computer lab.
* Assist staff, faculty, and corporate clients with technical AV aids and any related computer equipment or peripherals used in classroom instruction.
* Troubleshoot minor technical problems.
* Assist with maintaining inventory of facility/department equipment.
* Provide support to the Director, Center Manager, or Center Coordinator.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule Including weekends, evenings, and holidays and long hours on an as needed basis.
* Ability to communicate well orally and in writing. Ability to prepare correspondence and respond appropriately to clients' requests.
* Ability to follow a schedule of activities.
* Ability to maintain collaborative working relationships with the campus community and clients.
* Ability to work with a diverse population; experience dealing with the public and handling sensitive and security, issues, complaints, and special requests.
* Ability to apply appropriate judgment, discretion, and initiative.
* Ability to perform standard business math, track financial data and make projections.
* Ability to present oneself professionally as a representative of the University.
* Must be willing to monitor events attended by large groups of people.
* Must be able to lift 25 pounds unaided, and push and/or pull an Audio/Visual cart on wheels.
* Must be willing to move furniture and equipment quickly but safely.
* May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Requires fundamental written and oral communication skills, including a sound foundation in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; an ability to understand standard office procedures; an ability to operate standard office equipment; an ability to learn office technology systems; an ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; and typing and keyboard skills.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through completion of a high school program or its equivalent and some experience in an office environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Experience in sales and events environment or a related field including customer service experience.
* Software Knowledge: Ability to schedule events in 25Live scheduling software, computer hardware troubleshooting, MS Office suite, Google Apps, AV equipment. Additional software a plus.
* Experience using instructional support (AV) equipment including ability to trouble-shoot.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard CSUEB application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic e-mail reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive e-mail notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled