SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $3,600.00/month to $4,500.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Executive Assistant serves as the principal administrative support to the Office of University Advancement. The Executive Assistant provides day-to-day support for the Vice President for University Advancement and reports directly to the Vice President. Since the Vice President for University Advancement also serves as the President of the Educational Foundation, the Executive Assistant may be asked to assist in supporting the activities of the Cal State East Bay Educational Foundation.
The incumbent will interact with donors and prospects, Cal State East Bay Educational Foundation trustees, and with the President's Office, deans, faculty and staff, alumni, and community leaders. The Executive Assistant also interfaces directly with the staff within the division of University Advancement.
The incumbent performs a variety of administrative functions as well as managing project-based assignments. The Executive Assistant must be detailed oriented, have critical thinking skills and be able to exercise independent judgment. Responsibilities of the Executive Assistant will involve decision-making. The incumbent must have effective interpersonal skills. The incumbent performs project work and coordination, and supports the policies, procedures, goals and objectives of the division.
Administrative Support - Vice President
* Manage the Vice President's calendar, often working with high level departments, both on and off campus to schedule appointments.
* Review and edit confidential documents including, but not limited to gift agreements, grant reports and other correspondence to individuals, organizations and foundations.
* Manage multiple special projects/reports across departments - coordinate, steer, and implement projects to completion.
* Arrange for visits and meetings including sending directions, parking permits, coordinating catering with Chartwells, campus tours, and accommodations/transportation and travel arrangements as appropriate. Escort guests on campus as requested.
* Assist with creating meeting agendas, Power Point presentations, and take notes/follow-up on action items.
* Record contact reports and action items pertaining to meetings between the Vice President and donors/prospects in SalesForce.
* Assist the Advancement Operations/Ed Foundation Analyst with coordinating Cal State East Bay Educational Foundation Board of Trustees and related committee activities, including scheduling and arranging meetings, creating agendas, completing and sending minutes, safeguarding confidential and financial information, maintaining files, and other duties as assigned.
Office and Fiscal Support
* Support administrative needs related to personnel matters for the division including: coordinate processing of payroll and absence information for division employees and submit forms, process new hire and employee separation information, orient new hires to divisional office protocols and procedures, and maintain personnel files.
* Assist the Advancement Operations/Ed Foundation Analyst with maintaining, organizing and monitoring University Advancement, Advancement Services and Ed Foundation expenses.
* Prepare travel expense reimbursements, purchase requisitions and vendor payments as needed for the VP's office and Advancement Services.
* Assist with maintaining and organizing University Advancement and Ed Foundation expenses binders.
* Organize and maintain main office suite and work room.
Other Duties as Assigned
* Assist senior UA leadership as requested.
* Other duties to ensure University Advancement is able to perform its role in serving the university community as well as the Cal State East Bay Educational Foundation.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with good telephone manners and ability to deal effectively and amicably with public required.
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, set schedules, meet deadlines, and organize, plan, and complete work and projects and work independently.
* Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications such as: MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet tools.
* Familiarity with PeopleSoft and SalesForce database, or ability to learn.
* Ability to perform business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track data, and make accurate projections.
* Demonstrated ability to track and monitor expense budgets preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of English grammar and spelling, and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Demonstrated ability to draft and format correspondence and reports.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with external constituents, staff and students.
* Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
* A fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures.
* A thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Two - three years of progressively responsible professional experience in administrative functions.
* Experience in a university setting and/or or executive office.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled