Recruitment Number VA1311
Posting Period Open Until Filled (Review of Applications will begin 04/23/20. Applications received after that date may be considered.)
On Campus Only No
Working Title LIBRARY WEB & REPOSITORY DEVELOPER (Information Technology Consultant - Career) REVISED
Class Title INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT -12
Salary Range (From $ to $) $4,372 - $10,792 per month / $52,464 - $129,504 annually (New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning of the salary range)
Department Library Services
Number of Positions 1
FLSA Code Exempt
Status Regular: Permanent (after one-year probationary period)
Pay Plan 12/12
CBU/MOU R09 - CSUEU Technical & Support Services
Quick Link http://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/6124
Hours Per Day 8 hours during the school year / 10 hours during the summer
Days Per Week 5 days during the school year / 4 days during the summer
Working under general supervision of the Library Dean, the library web and repository developer works closely with the library faculty and staff to create, implement, and oversee the library website and repositories. This position leads the Web Development Committee which consists of faculty and staff who provide feedback for the direction of the website, including content, updates, application of best practices, and implementation of new features. Incumbent is responsible for ensuring accessibility standards are being met and incorporates responsive design into web development. Working closely with the Institutional Repository (IR) librarian and staff, incumbent will provide technical support for the interface and ensure the systems function properly for both data input and output. Additionally, this position participates in CSU wide initiatives to implement system wide platforms or provides recommendations for Chico specific software development, builds and maintains collegial relationships with campus IT, library managers, staff, and faculty to help advance technology initiatives and participates in the Dean's Management Group meetings.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/s/wdc27jkjouvypi67433n99eed4fh5juh
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Incumbent must possess
• THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE OF:
• Web content management system maintenance.
• Version control systems such as git.
• Systems design and technology integration techniques.
• User interface design principles and applications.
• Core web authoring and validation guidelines and standards.
• Web content accessibility tools and requirements.
• Internet applications and web development software.
• Common business software packages (i.e. MS Office).
• Common web browsers and plug-ins on multiple platforms including mobile accessibility.
• GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF:
• Local development environments such as Gulp.
• Web, digital content design principles and methodologies and the ability to apply them.
• Client/server technologies, network connectivity, integration, configuration, and protocols. and the ETL processes and relational databases.
• Digital media and the ability to incorporate them into a website.
• How to apply institute web guidelines, standards, and templates.
• Photoshop and Illustrator and the ability to translate web designs into functioning websites.
• Repository systems, applications, and technical standards.
• Demonstrated proficiency in program development and implementation.
• Interpersonal and communication skills such as working with users to interpret needs, respond to problems or priorities to achieve goals and desired outcomes.
• Effective communication and listening skills.
• Presentation skills to make recommendations, proposals, present plans, and provide project status to management and other stakeholders.
• Skill at this level (career) demonstrates proficiency in performing most or all of the work assignments defined for this position.
• Demonstrated competence in independently applying technical judgment to standard and non-standard technology applications and systems.
Must have the ability to:
• Analyze problems and propose and develop innovative solutions.
• Work in a highly collaborative environment, apply and assess user needs;
• Manage projects in an efficient and effective manner from start to finish.
• Consult with both technical and non-technical users to identify and document software/system purpose, work-flow issues, output needs and to determine overall functional and technical system requirements and specifications;
• Communicate effectively and balance priorities to accomplish assigned tasks within the required timeframe and be able to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of continuity.
• Accept and render constructive criticism in a professional manner.
• Work with users to test and debug programs, to write documentation to provide user support for new or modified programs and production/operation procedures.
• Apply University standards when approaching and solving visual problems.
• Research, recognize, and evaluate new and emerging technologies.
• Organize, coordinate and delegate multiple tasks for self, student assistants, and other team members for implementing concurrent projects.
• Interpret and implement policies and procedures established by others.
• Develop instructional and training materials.
• Work as a team member in order to evaluate, establish, and communicate web policies, procedures and standards.
• Adjust to change (e.g. work environment, technology, responsibilities).
• Identify and distinguish colors and see things up close.
• Carry out all responsibilities and objectives in a professional manner.
• Perform duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience
Requires the equivalent to a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields; or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study.
Two years of full-time professional experience working with web content management system maintenance and computer operating systems.
Recruitment Preferences Preference may be given to applicants with the following as they may be considered specialized skills:
• In-depth knowledge and experience using Drupal web content management system maintenance.
• Experience with library website design.
• Expert Level Drupal Programmer experience.
• Effective communication skills and experience supporting computing systems and users.
• California State University, Chico, in accordance with CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check, sexual offender registry check, and/or fingerprinting) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a typical office environment operating standard office equipment. Also refer to the Physical Requirements & Work Environment form regarding this position.
This position qualifies for benefits including tuition fee waiver (if eligible).
CSU, Chico offers a number of benefits to its employees (e.g., sick leave, vacation, health insurance). Eligibility for standard CSU benefits is based on an appointment of half-time or more for a period exceeding six months. Employees appointed less than half-time or less than six months are not eligible for standard CSU benefits but do receive prorated sick leave and vacation.
Eligibility for Affordable Care Act (ACA) benefits is based on an appointment of at least three-quarter time, hired to work a minimum of 130 hours per month over the course of the appointment or works an average of 130 hours or more per month during the measurement period. The ACA guidelines provide for health coverage or FlexCash only. ACA does not provide dental or vision plan coverage.
About the University and Community
Detailed information is available at https://www.csuchico.edu/about/. As a university that educates students of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds, we value a diverse faculty and staff. CSU, Chico welcomes applicants who are knowledgeable about and interested in working within a cross-cultural learning environment. We also welcome those who share a passion and commitment to the University's 6th Strategic Priority that focuses on sustainability, stewardship, and the environment - see http://www.csuchico.edu/sustainability/index.shtml.
California State University, Chico is committed to achieving excellence through diversity in the classroom and the workplace. It strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students, faculty, and staff.
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Open Date (posting open date) 04/09/2020
Close Date (posting close date)
Open Until Filled Yes
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled