PN# 23159: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR-SECURITY- (Exec Level)Applications accepted from: OPEN TO ALLReporting Location:
16930 John F. Kennedy Blvd. *Workdays & Hours:
Monday Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*
*Subject to change DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Under the general direction of the Chief of Operations, the Assistant Director- Security
will Maintain the security integrity of the airport and ensures compliance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA} directives and Airport Security Program (ASP} requirements through the work of security regulatory and badging identification teams. Leads the business unit that evaluates and ensures the effectiveness of the airport security program by observing airport security activities and reviewing and testing procedures, policies and responses for periodic tabletop or field exercises. Solves problems and disagreements involving diverse interests of airport, TSA, tenants and the public. Balances security requirements and customer service needs. Acts as liaison to the TSA, law enforcement agencies, airlines and other tenants, government agencies and airport staff on issues and programs affecting airport security.
The Assistant Director-Security will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Identify key performance indicators and develop weekly reports depicting individual and departmental
- Ensures IAH Airport remains in compliance with TSA regulatory requirements.
- Part of unified command group during airport emergencies. Assumes Policy Group role at incident location for security related events.
- Clearly communicates and coordinates security rules and regulation with passengers, tenants, and co-workers.
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly reports on security systems and procedures.
- Analyzes results and trends to make recommendation to General Manager.
- Ensures contractual compliance with onsite contract guard supervisory staff.
- Assists with developing short- and long-range strategic planning of business unit.
- Ensures employee coaching, payroll, training, discipline, evaluations, and development properly occurs.
- Responsible for compliance with airport badging applications, vetting, and access control.
- Responsible for audit of badging, access control, and security inspection programs.
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS EDUCATIONAL
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in, Business Administration, Public Administration or a field directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Seven years of administrative experience are required, with at least three of those years in a managerial capacity. A Master's degree may be substituted for two years of experience.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- A Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a field closely related to the work being performed may be substituted for two years of experience
*Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**GENERAL INFORMATION SELECTION/SKILLS TEST REQUIRED
Application review and/or interview. SAFETY IMPACT POSITION
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test. SALARY INFORMATION
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.Pay Grade 32 APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov . To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm . For application status inquiries please contact (281) 233-1839. To reach a live specialist pertaining technical support please contact (855) 524-5627.If you need special services or accommodations, call (281) 233-1839. (TTY 7-1-1)
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, with specific instructions, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.EEO Equal Employment Opportunity:
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous