State agencies interested in participating in the Carl Albert Public Internship Program (CAPIP) select, appoint, and pay eligible applicants. Undergraduates are employed for one or two academic semesters or up to 999 hours. Undergraduate Interns are not eligible for leave, health and retirement benefits. Upon successful completion of an internship in the Undergraduate, Senior Undergraduate, or Executive Fellows Program, a participant who has met all requirements of education and experience shall be eligible for appointment to a position in the classified or unclassified service of the state and shall be deemed as meeting all other statutory requirements. Internship Application Process:
- Before completing the application, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements for the internship category (Undergraduate, Senior Undergraduate, or Executive Fellowship) you are interested in.
- Complete the online application by clicking the Apply Online link.
- Under the Other Tab of the online application, upload ALL supporting documents listed below. Applications with missing documents will not complete processing and internship eligibility status will not be granted.
- Official or unofficial transcript(s),
- Verification of enrollment, i.e. class schedule and
- Resume with work experience; knowledge skills and abilities; educational background; extracurricular activities; honors/awards. After you have submitted the online application and required documents and been verified meeting all internship criteria, you will receive an eligibility notice.
- Begin applying for listed internship opportunities in the intern category for which you are eligible.
In order to be eligible for appointment to a CAPIP Undergraduate Internship, an applicant must have:
An Undergraduate Internship Program consisting of a temporary position for students enrolled in an institution of higher education and working toward an undergraduate degree, which shall include associate's degrees or certifications by the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education. Selection Plan
Internship opportunities can be found near the bottom of the State of OK Current Employment Opportunities Page.
Students having received prior
notification of eligble intern status may apply for any of the internships listed in the same internship category (Undergraduate, Senior Undergraduate, Executive Fellow) for which they have been approved.
Students are also encouraged to contact State agencies of interest directly and inquire about other internship opportunities that may not be listed. Conclusion
If you have any questions regarding the CAPIP application process, please contact the CAPIP office at email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Continuous