311 Vernon Street Roseville, 95678 Description FINAL FILING DATE:
Open Until Filled First cut-off is Friday, March 20, 2020. IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION
. THE POSITION
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the Regular and full-time position of ERP Business Analyst II in the Finance Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am -5:00 pm; a flex schedule may be available.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere. DEFINITION
To perform complex analytical, administrative, financial, and technical duties in support of implementation, administration, and operation of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to improve and enhance business systems and applications; act as liaison between functional users and technical groups in the configuration, modification and testing of the ERP system to meet changing business requirements. DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
This is the journey level class within the ERP Business Analyst II series and is distinguished from the I level by the assignment of the full range of duties. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new, unusual or unique situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies within the work unit. Positions in this class are flexibly staffed and are normally filled by advancement from the I level. SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direction from assigned management or supervisory personnel. May exercise technical and functional supervision over lower level professional and direct supervision over technical and administrative support personnel. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of :
- Provide internal support on business processes and transactions including understanding integration between an ERP system and external systems ensuring issues resolution.
- Collaborate with Information Technology staff to identify and test quarterly patches, service requests and assess impacts to functionality, resolving issues and identifying solutions to the impacted areas through completion.
- Maintain and modify system table configurations in the various ERP modules, including, but not limited to Finance, Budget, Human Resources and Payroll to support on-going business needs.
- Design, develop, and modify custom reports using ERP tools as required by City Council, management, staff, external systems, and outside agencies.
- Lead and participate in projects to examine, define and modify business processes; serve as technical resource for the planning and execution of projects; plan and participate in business requirements gathering and hands on functional and technical testing of new or modified systems.
- Provide technical support to user groups and identify system enhancements, business process reengineering and recommend system changes to improve efficiencies across the City as a whole.
- Responsible for evaluation of business processes for inefficiencies and matching business needs with ERP System capabilities; recommend best practices and provide support in the building, development, testing of new functionality.
- Perform financial analyses and reconciliation and assist with general accounting duties including balancing financial transactions, assisting with reconfiguration, reporting, month end close, and year end close in performing data collection for the production of financial reports including regulatory and compliance reporting.
- Establish and enforce standards for all documentation of application changes and updates to configuration, process and procedures; update training content by working in conjunction with the business owners of the applicable modules; provide support and training to end users.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public, via telephone, e-mail, and written correspondence; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Ability to :
- Modern office equipment and methods including use of computer applications in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphic presentation, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Automated accounting and information systems.
- Statistical research and analysis techniques.
- Data analysis and research methods.
- Reporting tools and practices.
- Principles of data management.
- Methods for financial recordkeeping and general ledger reconciliation.
- Principles and practices of generally accepted accounting and reporting activities
- Troubleshooting techniques as it relates to enterprise business applications.
- Principles and practices of project management.
- Principles and practices of business analysis including requirements analysis and solutions assessment.
- Methods and techniques for application development and integration.
- Principles of data retrieval and reporting.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING Experience :
- On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job. Intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
- On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time. Intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds or less.
- Learn applicable Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Learn specialized business unit work processes.
- Apply accounting principles to the analysis of financial and accounting transactions and audit of financial records.
- Support all current and future system and/or process improvements for Finance, Human Resources, Payroll, and Budget.
- Use automated accounting and information systems.
- Research, analyze and resolve technical administrative issues.
- Analyze large and complex sets of data.
- Work with and maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Independently perform professional duties in the analysis of accounting and financial business processes and maintenance and testing of enterprise application systems.
- Analyze, evaluate and integrate business and/or systems processes and procedures to improve current practices and develop effective solutions.
Two years of professional experience performing duties similar to that of an ERP Business Analyst I with the City of Roseville (performing complex analytical, administrative, financial, and technical duties in support of implementation, administration, and operation of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to improve and enhance business systems and applications; acting as liaison between functional users and technical groups in the configuration, modification and testing of the ERP system to meet changing business requirements).
AND Training :
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in business administration, computer science, finance, accounting, or a related field. License or Certificate :
Possession of a valid California driver's license by date of appointment. SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE
- Your responses to questions 2-3, the applicant's education, training and experience, will be scored using a pre-determined formula. Your responses to these questions must be consistent with your employment application information. This experience must also be described in the "Work Experience" section of this application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire that are inconsistent from your "Work Experience" section in the application will not be scored. I understand and agree with the above instructions.
- Was any of the work experience listed on your application an unpaid internship, or volunteer work? If so, please list below which ones.
- How many years of professional experience do you have performing complex analytical, administrative, financial, and technical duties in support of implementation, administration, and operation of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to improve and enhance business systems and applications; acting as liaison between functional users and technical groups in the configuration, modification and testing of an ERP system to meet changing business requirements?
- Less than 2 years
- 2-3 Years
- 3-4 Years
- 4-5 Years
- 5+ Years
- Please describe your experience implementing and/or maintaining an ERP system.
- Please identify the products and modules you worked on including any configuration experience.
- What was the most complex project you worked on and what was your role?
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will have their application scored in a Formula Rate Examination. The applicant's experience and education will be evaluated using a pre-determined formula. Scores from this evaluation will determine applicant ranking and placement on the Employment List. Supplemental questions will be utilized by the department hiring authority to make interview and selection determinations. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.
Job Announcement URL: https://www.roseville.ca.us/jobs Benefits
For more information regarding the City's benefits, visit our website at here
. This position is in Local 39. Special Instructions The following options apply to the evaluation of college degrees from countries outside the United States:
- Educational background from a foreign country may be evaluated by an accredited United States college or university listed on the U.S. Department of Education Database of Accredited Post-Secondary Institutions and Programs website.
- Verification of degree equivalency may be obtained from organizations that provide foreign education credential evaluation services. The City of Roseville will accept verification from any of listed member agencies found at www.naces.org
- A copy of the foreign credential evaluation verification must be attached to the employment application.
- Applicants who do not provide this verification will be eliminated from further consideration.
Contact email: email@example.com