The JobMake a Difference in Delivering Health and Wellness to Millions of County Residents
Clinical Therapists II-Psychologist
are lead workers who direct a small clinical staff. Typical duties consist of providing clinical and administrative consultation to their staff, which includes providing clinical supervision and/or psychological testing supervision for interns and/or staff obtaining hours towards licensure; screening prospective clients for appropriateness of program services; intervening in crisis situations; complex care coordination; auditing and monitoring charts; utilization review; payment authorization; selecting, administering, scoring, and interpreting a wide variety of objective and projective tests, including intelligence, personality, aptitude, and achievement tests for the purpose of diagnosis and treatment of mentally ill and emotionally disturbed clients; and participating in providing rehabilitative mental health/substance abuse services in clinic, field, and community settings to clients with severe mental, emotional and substance abuse disorders.
An immediate vacancyexists in the Juvenile Court Behavioral Health Services (JCBHS). This program primarily focuses on the screening, assessment, and treatment of dependent children and youth. JCBHS exists within the Children and Youth Collaborative Services (CYCS) which is a centralized children's program in the Department of Behavioral Health. The staff of CYCS provide clinical services to youth, oversee Children's contracts, and implement state mandates within theChildren's System of Care. THE COUNTY OFFERS TWO LUCRATIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Background Check:
An extensive background check will include a credit check, fingerprint/DOJ LiveScan, and DMV check. Must be a U.S. Citizen or be a permanent U.S. resident. Medical exam will also include drug and TB test.Shifts:
Some programs offer 24-hour services; some assignments may require employees to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call.Travel:
Travel throughout the County may be required depending on assignment. Employees will be required to make provision for transportation. At the time of hire, a valid California driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance must be produced for the individual providing the transportation.Applicants from out of state:
Therefore, if you do not possess a California license as described above, please apply for the pre-licensed position, and not the licensed position. They are two different recruitments. Minimum RequirementsLicense
- Who possess Ph.D./Psy.D. degrees, are not licensed in California, and who have not completed the requirements for California licensure,must be eligible for waiver of licensure under State laws and regulations and obtain the required Mental Health waiver prior to the commencement of employment. Pre-licensed Psychologists must become licensed by the State of California within five (5) years of the original waiver or be terminated.
- The State Department of Mental Health may grant a waiver for those licensed-ready according to the Board ofPsychology criteria, for up to three (3) years. See State Waiver Request Form. Applicants must have sufficient experience to gain admission to a licensing examination so that registration with the BOP is not required. Offers of employment are contingent on the applicant's ability to obtain a waiver and obtain licensure within three (3) years of the date of the waiver. At the interview, all pre-licensed applicants will sign a Statement of Awareness of the Requirement to Obtain Licensure for Continued Employment.
: Must be licensed in the State of California as a Psychologist. Indicate license number and expiration date on the Supplemental Questionnaire. A copy of license is required upon appointment.-AND-Experience:
One (1) year of experience as a licensed therapist in a mental health or social service setting; the application must clearly distinguish between pre-licensed and post-licensed experience.Desired Qualifications
Applicants fluent in American Sign Language,Arabic, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish and/or Vietnamese are strongly encouraged to apply.Additional compensation is associated with positions requiring the use of bilingual skills. Testing of bilingual skills may be required to receive additional compensation.
Experience in one or more of thefollowingareas is highly desirable, however, not required:
- Two (2) years of experience as a licensed therapist in a behavioral health or social services setting.
- Experience providing clinical or administrative supervision over clinical interns and/or trainees.
- Experience in a behavioral health or social service setting in a leadership role either managing a special assignment or providing occasional supervisory coverage.
- Currently employed as a therapist.
- Government or private inpatient, psychiatric hospital or behavioral health clinics/programs/contract agencies, serving acutely or persistently mentally ill clients.
- Experience with Medi-Cal Documentation.
- Experience providing child/adolescent and family therapy.
- Experience in a crisis intervention/brief therapy setting with severely mentally ill adults/children.
- Experience in quality assurance or utilization review activities.
- Experience with managed care or insurance plans, such as, but not limited to, Kaiser, Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) or Molina Healthcare.
- Experience with performing clinical screening/assessment duties including screening and resource referrals to care.
- Experience with intensive care coordination with physical health care providers for severely persistently mentally ill clients.
- Experience with case management for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Experience with coordinating care for individuals with co-occurring substance disorders.
- Experience in transitional care coordination between inpatient and outpatient levels of care for medical complexity children.
There will be acompetitive evaluation
of qualifications based on a review of the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire. It is to your advantage to be explicit in your responses on the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaire.
To ensure timely andsuccessfulsubmission of your onlineapplication, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automaticallylogged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfullysubmitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you requiretechnical assistance
, please click HERE to review theGovernmentJobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-FreeApplicant Support line at (855) 524-5627.Please notethat Human Resources is notresponsiblefor any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application. Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process .
Closing Date/Time: Continuous