GREEN INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAM MANAGER
(Administrative Manager I)THIS RECRUITMENT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
This position is scheduled to receive salary range increases on the following dates:
Effective July 3, 2020 - 2.5% increase
Effective July 2, 2021 - 2.5% increase
Effective July 1, 2022 - 3.0% increase
Mandatory Employee Retirement Contributions will decrease on the following dates:
Effective July 3, 2020 - 1.2% decrease
Effective July 2, 2021 - 1.2% decrease
Effective July 1, 2022 - 0.5% decrease
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
This recruitment will establish anopen
eligible list and may be used to fill immediate and future Administrative Manager I vacancies within OC Public Works - OC Environmental Resources.DEADLINE TO APPLY
Thisrecruitment will be open for a minimum of five (5) business days, and will remain open on acontinuous basis until 11:59 p.m. (PST)
on the day the County's needs are met.
The first round of considerations are on Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OC PUBLIC WORKS
OC Public Works is a unique County department comprised of 10 service areas, each of which directly impacts the quality of life for Orange County residents and the private sector. OC Public Works provides services on a regional basis to unincorporated areas, cities, and other County agencies and departments. The primary mission of the department is to ensure quality of service today and quality of life tomorrow. OC Public Works core values are integrity, accountability, service and trust. In addition, our vision is to be a world class leader of innovative, professional and quality public works services.
Click here for more information about the County of Orange
Click here for more information about OC Public Works
Click here for more information about OC Environmental Resources THE OPPORTUNITY
The Green Infrastructure Program Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, organizing, and administering the OC Public Works green infrastructure program. This new program has emerged out of stormwater requirements for new development projects, such as commercial or residential buildings, roadways and flood control improvements. Compliance with the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System(NPDES) stormwater permits requires the design and construction of site features that will mimic natural water quality conditions (known collectively as "Green Infrastructure") and to operate and maintain these facilities to mitigate for water quality impacts from the development activities. The incumbent will work collaboratively with Development Services, Operations and Maintenance, Design and Construction, and Infrastructure Divisions of OC Public Works to design, build, inspect and maintain green infrastructure within Orange County. The position will also assess program gaps, find solutions, identify future funding and partner opportunities, as well as ensure compliance with theNPDESstormwater permit requirements.
This Green Infrastructure Program Manager will also be responsible in preparing organization budgets and monitoring expenditures. This position may manage or assist in managing either a small program/unit/section or a department wide function, or projects. In addition, the incumbent may supervise/manage other staff and/or direct the efforts of staff who are not direct reports, including outside contractors.
Click the image below to view the Green Infrastructure Program Manager video. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will possess four (4) years of experience with Green Infrastructure knowledge and concepts. Possession of a Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university, in biology, chemistry, environmental health, environmental engineering, ecology, geology, or related science field may be substituted for up to one year of required work level experience.In addition to the minimum experience and education requirements, this candidate will also demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and experience listed in the competencies below.Technical Experience | Technical Knowledge
Program Management | Leadership
- Experience and knowledge in planning, permitting and construction processes, asset management, water quality management plans (WQMP), water quality monitoring, and green infrastructure concepts
- Experience with regulatory compliance enforcement, program auditing, inspections, monitoring, reporting, and program training development
- Follow and maintain knowledge of industry regulatory content, changes and updates
- Practical knowledge of Regulatory requirements: Federal and California State environmental laws, regulations and policies, specifically with California State and Regional Water Quality Control Boards focused on National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)stormwaterregulations
Collaboration | InterpersonalSkills
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills to develop new processes and organizational procedures to manage a new green infrastructure program
- Supervises staff and prepares evaluations while coaching staff for personal development to achieve individual success in their positions
- Demonstrates ability to influence, motivate, guide, and direct others toward meeting business objectives
- Ensures all new development program elements (i.e. documents, inspections and maintenance) are implemented per regulatory requirements
- Ability and commitment to lead program objectives to meet goals and deadlines while encouraging openness, creativity, and innovation
- Identifies, organizes, facilitates, establishes/sustainsproductive working relationships, partnerships and alliances with internal and external stakeholders
- Involves appropriate internal/external stakeholders in plans and decisions, shares specialized knowledge freely with others, and provides updates until completion
- Recognizes and respects the value of diversity and differing opinions
- Addresses difficult issues immediately utilizing tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality in dealing with difficult and sensitive situations
- Consistently applies high ethical standards of behavior to work assignments, decision-making and associations
Results Focused | Decision Making
- Ability to exert influence with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Listens effectively, maintain open and productivedialogue, presents ideas and complex materials clearly, logically, concisely and persuasively both orally and in writing to persuade and inform audiences with competing interests
- Effectively communicates with subordinates, peers, management, regulators, consulting firms, environmental organizations, public, and city or county staff
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Gathers pertinent data, sufficient facts while using sound logic before making decisions
- Holds self and others accountable for performance and goal achievement
- Working independently to manage time and budget wisely while effectively prioritizing multiple and/or competing tasks
- Identifies, researches, evaluates, estimates, accurately interprets, and applies technical data and policy information while using sound reasoning and logical judgment to arrive at conclusions and find alternative solutions to complex problems
for a detailed description of the minimum qualifications for Administrative Manager I.LICENSE REQUIRED
- Possession of a valid California driver's license, class C or higher,by date of appointment,and maintained throughout employment.
Human Resource Services (HRS) will screen all application materials to identify qualified applicants. After screening, qualified applicants will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the competition.Application Qualification Screening (Desirable Qualifications): (Refer/Non-Refer)
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applicants that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.Structured Oral Interview (SOI)| (Weighted 100%)
Candidates will be interviewed and rated by an oral interview panel of job knowledge experts. Each candidate's rating will be based on responses to a series of structured questions designed to elicit the candidate's qualifications for the job.Only the most successful candidates will be placed on the eligible list.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure.Eligible List
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION EMAIL NOTIFICATION:Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile atwww.governmentjobs.com
.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contactArleenBerberoglu
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous