FILING START DATE :
Applications will be accepted starting Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. (PT).
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure at any time without prior notice. EXAM NUMBER :
This announcement is a rebulletin to reopen for filing, and update Selection Requirements and Supplemental Questionnaire. TYPE OF RECRUITMENT :
Open Competitive Job Opportunity
With more than 10 million residents, Los Angeles County is the most populous county in the nation. As the largest employer in Southern California, over 112,000 employees in more than 36 Departments provide vital public services as diverse as law enforcement, property assessment, public health protection, water conservation, cultural activities and many more.
Don't miss this great opportunity! Who We Are :
The Internal Services Department (ISD) provides centralized purchasing services for, and on behalf of, all County departments, as well as contract and key administrative support services for ISD and other County departments. We are looking for an individual who :
- Possesses a strong understanding of principles and practices of effective contract management.
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills and well-developed collaborative abilities.
- Provides excellent customer service, delivers quality results and ensures commitments are fulfilled.
Essential Job Functions What You Will Do :
- Conducts the applicable reviews/monitoring for federally-funded and non-federally funded contracts.
- Attends pre-bid/pre-construction meetings; and travels to contractor construction project work sites located throughout the County of Los Angeles, on a semi-regular basis, for presentations, site visits and interviews.
- Conducts Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) compliance and reporting requirement presentations at pre-bid and pre-construction meetings consistent with Countywide Contract Compliance Section (CCCS) standards and procedures.
- Conducts analysis to assess accuracy and completeness of statistical data submitted by contractors and subcontractors.
- Makes referrals to appropriate oversight agencies, as applicable.
- Conducts desk reviews to evaluate required compliance documentation and follow up with contractor when documentation is lacking. Compliance documents include, but are not limited to, Employment Utilization Reports (EURs), Good Faith Efforts Self-Reporting, etc.
- Manages assigned project detailed information to ensure completeness and accuracy of information.
- Provides technical assistance to contractors/subcontractors on applicable contractual provisions on EEO matters as well as the required submission of reports and forms to CCCS consistent with CCCS procedures.
- Makes written recommendations to address/resolve contractor compliance violations observed at project sites or discovered during employee job site interviews as appropriate and consistent with CCCS policies and procedures.
- Communicates with construction contractors and appropriate County staff regarding contract compliance matters.
- Issues clearance and close projects on County contracts as requested and consistent with CCCS procedures.
- Logs complaints of actual or alleged discrimination received by contractors, contract worker, and noncontract staff in a central location, consistent with CCCS procedures.
Requirements (You must POSSESS and CLEARLY EXPRESS detailed years of experience performing relevant duties, related to the requirements below within your online job application under the "Experience" area and Supplemental Questionnaire, if applicable).
Three (3) years of experience in an administrative, management or highly responsible staff capacity at the level of Administrative Services Manager II
* or higher, responsible for maintaining, monitoring, auditing and evaluating contract agreements on behalf of a large corporate or government/public entity.** DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Additional credit will be given to applicants who possess the following:
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution in Public Administration, Business Administration, or a closely related field.***
- A Juris Doctor degree or its equivalent from a law school accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners or approved by the American Bar Association, or by the California State Council for Post-Secondary Education.
*Experience at the level of Los Angeles County's class of Administrative Services Manager II
is defined as supervises a unit of analysts responsible for performing a full range of difficult to complex analytical assignments within one or more administrative functional areas and makes recommendations on highly complex issues which directly impact departmental programs and administrative operations, and which may be of a confidential or sensitive nature. These positions may be allocated to major, complex administrative services divisions where they function in a lead or project management capacity with responsibility for providing guidance and direction to staff on the most specialized, complex and difficult analytical assignments which impact major departmental programs and administrative operations, or central agency departments, where they are responsible for providing technical expertise and guidance to administrative staff in County line departments on highly complex issues and problems associated with their area of expertise.
**Large corporate or government/public entity is defined as having a minimum of 500 employees or an annual spend of $250 million or greater.
***Degrees in closely related field will be reviewed by the Purchasing and Contract Services subject matter expert to determine whether the degree qualifies.
In order to receive credit for any college work, or any type of college degree such as a Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate degree, you MUST
include a legible copy of the official diploma, official transcripts, or official letter from the accredited institution which shows area of specialization with your application at the time of filing or within fifteen (15) calendar days of filing. If you are unable to attach the required/supporting documents during the application submission, you may email the documents to Debra Tse at DTse@isd.lacounty.gov
within fifteen (15) calendar days of filing your online application or you will not receive credit. Please include your name (as it appears on your online application), the exam title and exam number in the email message. LICENSE:
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.PHYSICAL CLASS:
This position includes light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10-pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.
Additional Information First, meet our requirements above. After that, our process includes a two-part assessment: Part 1:
A structured oral interview covering training, experience, work style, and the general ability to perform the duties of the position weighted at 60%. Part 2:
An evaluation of rating from records based on application information, desirable qualifications and the supplemental questionnaire weighted at 40%.
A minimum passing score of 70% on both parts of the assessment is required to pass. NOTE: Test invitations will be sent to candidates via email. Candidates are responsible for providing a valid email address in their application that can receive email from firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email address book and list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as spam/junk mail.
If you have a disability and need accommodation to take the assessment, let us know by contacting the ADA Coordinator at (323) 267-2432.What Happens Next:
Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity! Applications must be filed online only. We must receive your application by 5:30 p.m. (PT), on the last day of filing. Applications submitted by U.S. mail, fax, or in person will not be accepted. Apply online by clicking on the green "Apply" button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using the website https://www.governmentjobs.com/career/lacounty
Qualified candidates who have successfully passed the assessment process will have their results placed on a register. We will then invite the highest scoring group to a selection interview. The register of everyone who passed is valid for twelve (12) months.
Application will be processed on an as received basis and promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
Have questions about anything? Please contact us using the following information:Exam Number:
W1093YDepartment Contact Name:
Debra TseDepartment Contact Phone:
(323) 881-3671Department Contact Email:
DTse@isd.lacounty.govCalifornia Relay Services Phone:
(800) 735-2922ADA Coordinator Phone:
(323) 267-2432Teletype Phone:
(800) 899-4099 [Alternate Teletype Phone:
(800) 897-0077] FAIR CHANCE INITIATIVE:
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment. The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed.IMPORTANT NOTES:
Please note that ALL information included in the application materials is subject to VERIFICATION
at any point during the examination process, including after an appointment has been made. FALSIFICATION
of any information may result in DISQUALIFICATION.
from class specifications, job bulletins and/or plagiarism of any type serving as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to meet the requirements. Doing so will result in a REJECTION
of your application.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous