About the Opportunity Are you a college student looking to gain valuable internship experience in your field of study? If so, apply now!
A College Student Internship withStanislaus County can offer a unique, hands-on experience that can complement classroom knowledge and serve as a foundation to launch a successful public service career. Participants can gain real work experience by being responsible for projects in their area of interest while positively impacting the community and residents of the County.THE POSITION
With more than500,000 residents, Stanislaus County is a bustling county rich in diversity and a strong sense of community. As one of the largest employers in the area, over4,500 employees in more than27 departments provide vital public services as diverse as law enforcement, property assessment, public health protection, water conservation, cultural activities and many more.
College Student Interns assist professional and technical employees in the performance of their duties under close supervision.TheCollege Student Internshipis designed to provide on-the-job training and experience while participants obtain their degree. We will help you to gain experience in building employment skills andestablishing a professional network while continuing your education.Student Interns can be used throughout the calendar year depending on the needs of the department.
Part-time extra-help is a provisional classification where permanent status may not be obtained. This position is subject to overtime, standby, shift, and callback assignments and will perform related duties as assigned. This position is non-benefited except for participation in a 401a program.
The Job Task Analysis provides information detailing the physical and functional demands of the classification. For the complete job task analysis, visit the Risk Management website at http://www.stancounty.com/riskmgmt/
under "Disability Management".
The College Student Intern's specific tasks vary depending on the Agency/Department to which they are assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Ability, Knowledge, Education/Experience) SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Follow oral and written instructions;
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Accurately perform a wide variety of clerical work of routine to average difficulty;
- Learn the operation of office equipment related to the job; and
- Deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Proper usage of grammar and punctuation;
- Alphabetic and numeric filing methods;
- Basic mathematics; and
- Modernoffice procedures and practices.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must have current junior or senior standing and be enrolled in a four-year degree program; OR
- Current student enrolled in the last semester of a two-year degree program; OR
- Enrolled in a graduate program.
Applicants must also meet each
of the below requirements at time of submittingapplication:
- Submita letter of recommendation from an instructorof currenteducational institute, college or university; AND
- Have a current cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 ( student to submit copy of last grade report with cumulative GPA ); AND
- Meet Department/Division specific qualifications if any.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, applicant screening will focus on the following desirable qualifications. Please list any of these qualificationsyou may have within the "Duties" section of the online application.
- Three (3) months full-time general office experience.
Application and Selection Procedures
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis.Stanislaus Countyhas the right to discontinue accepting applications at any time without notice. Applicants whose qualifications best match the available work assignments may be contacted for an interview by a departmental representative.
Applications are reviewed on an "as-needed" basis as departments needs arise. After six (6) months, the application isinactivated, but you may reapply to the program.If additional information is required or your application is accepted into the program you will receive an email.
Upon completion of your education College Student Interns are encouraged to apply for positions with the County and become permanent employees.
Final appointment will be conditional upon successfully passing a County paid pre-employment drug screening (if applicable for position) and a job-related background investigation.
Stanislaus County supports the good health of its workforce. More information is available at http://myclubwellness.org
Cell phones are typically incompatible with the online application format or browser. We recommend using a desktop or laptop computer. If you are still having technical difficulties, please call NEOGOV at 1-855-524-5627.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous