The City of Taylor is seeking candidates for a dedicated Parks and Recreation General Staff Member with experience working with the public, exhibiting excellent customer service skills, and efficiently completing day to day facility tasks. The Parks and Recreation General Staff Member works alongside several other staff members, completing daily/weekly assigned tasks, as well as maintaining and monitoring a clean, safe environment. This employee reports to the Parks and Recreation Manager and/or designated supervisor.POSITION SUMMARY:
Exhibit a variety of customer service skills, assist the supervisor on duty with general supervision of the facility and programs, maintain all areas of the facility with light cleaning duties, and ensure a safe environment for visitors and existing members.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Key Tasks and Responsibilities; other duties may be assigned by the Parks and Recreation Manager and/or designee)
- Assist in supervising facility and all programs while on duty
- Assist in answering phone calls and scheduling facility rentals
- Exhibit strong customer service skills
- Efficiently complete cleaning tasks
- Maintain a safe, inviting environment for all participants of the facilities
- Flexibility is a must while this position may work at several different locations including the Taylor Recreation Center, the Taylor Northwest Pool, and the Lamarand Splash Pad.
: The physical demands described here are a general representation of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to stand and maintain a suitable energy for period up to six (6) hours in length.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and squat frequently to properly maintain building cleanliness.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to customers, existing members of our facilities, and employees.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to operate the day to day programs and to accomplish the daily and weekly required tasks of the facility. Required to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays with some shifts beginning at 6:00 a.m.
- Must be able to work efficiently in outdoor environments and extreme temperatures.
- Experience in customer service preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, facility guidelines, procedure manuals, and staff instructions. Ability to speak and communicate effectively with other staff members, customers, and existing members of our facilities.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to perform addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication. Ability to calculate figures and amount such as fees and balances. Ability to read and manage customer account balances.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The City of Taylor is an Equal Opportunity Employer