The City of Taylor is seeking candidates for a Concession Staff position. The position will be located at the Taylor Sportsplex, within the City of Taylor.
There is no required experience for this position. POSITION SUMMARY
This position will be responsible for conducting basic concession operations before, during and after the events that are hosted at the Taylor Sportsplex. Events at the Taylor Sportsplex range from nightly hockey games, to weekend long group events such as hockey showcases/tournaments, high school commencement ceremonies, in-line hockey tournaments and other large group events. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Key Tasks and Responsibilities; other duties may be assigned by the Director and/or designee)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Prepare concession prior to opening (ensure refrigerators are stocked, cooking areas are clean, set out condiments, etc.)
- Prepare food for sale
- Ability to learn to operate cash register
- Ability to learn to cash out cash register at the end of your shift
- Willingness to clean all used food preparation equipment and stations, as well as stock inventory in order to ensure that it is acceptable for the next shift
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, handle, and carry, supply, small-wares, equipment, garbage bags, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 10 pounds constantly and up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to occasionally stand for multiple hours at a time.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and squat on a frequent basis to be able to clean certain areas.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to employees and customers.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to ensure that the Taylor Sportsplex, as a building, is maintained in a cleanly manner primarily during large events, and is in good order for either the afternoon shift to come in, or the morning shift to take over the next day.
Your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted regarding the next steps in the application process. Thank you for your interest in the City of Taylor.
The City of Taylor is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of such factors as race, color, age, sex, national origin, religion, citizenship, handicap, height, weight and marital status. Under the State Persons With Disabilities Act and the Federal Americans With Disabilities Act, an employer has a legal obligation to accommodate an employee's or job applicant's disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the employer. A person with a disability may allege a violation against an employer regarding a failure to accommodate his or her condition under Michigan law only if the person notifies the employer in writing of the need for accommodation within 182 days after the date the person knew or reasonably should have known that an accommodation was needed.