The City of Taylor is seeking candidates to be a Zamboni Operator at the Taylor Sportsplex, within the City of Taylor.
While there is no required experience, previous experience on or around a Zamboni or ice arena is certainly preferred. POSITION SUMMARY
Operation of the Zamboni at the Taylor Sportsplex, in order to resurface the ice during the high volume of hockey games that the arena hosts. This job also requires a willingness to assist in nightly cleaning of the building. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Key Tasks and Responsibilities; other duties may be assigned by the Director and/or designee)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- Operate the Zamboni on a regular basis, be it weeknights or weekends.
- General cleaning of the building, including but not limited to sweeping of bleachers, benches, penalty boxes, arena floors etc.
- Removal of garbage bags from the facility when necessary.
- Ability to complete a compressor check.
- Assist with the conduction of arena conversions, including laying the ice in the fall and its removal in the spring, as well as removal of glass and boards panels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, handle, and carry, supply, small-wares, equipment, garbage bags, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 10 pounds constantly and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to occasionally stand for multiple hours at a time.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and squat on a frequent basis to be able to clean certain areas.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to employees and customers.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to ensure that the Taylor Sportsplex, as a building, is maintained in a cleanly manner primarily during large events, and is in good order for either the afternoon shift to come in, or the morning shift to take over the next day.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted regarding the next steps in the application process. Thank you for your interest in the City of Taylor.
The City of Taylor is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of such factors as race, color, age, sex, national origin, religion, citizenship, handicap, height, weight and marital status. Under the State Persons With Disabilities Act and the Federal Americans With Disabilities Act, an employer has a legal obligation to accommodate an employee's or job applicant's disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the employer. A person with a disability may allege a violation against an employer regarding a failure to accommodate his or her condition under Michigan law only if the person notifies the employer in writing of the need for accommodation within 182 days after the date the person knew or reasonably should have known that an accommodation was needed.