MEN'S SOCCER COACH (JC:2384)
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Approximate Starting Date: August 2020
The Athletic Department at the Cal Maritime Academy is currently accepting applications for a Men's Soccer Coach position for the Fall 2020 semester, with possibility of an annual reappointment dependent upon performance and budget. Applicants expecting to be considered for this position must complete their online application and submit requested materials to Human Resource by close of business day on March 1, 2020 to receive priority consideration. This position will remain open until filled
ABOUT CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY MARITIME ACADEMY (Cal Maritime): Located on a compact but scenic waterfront campus in Vallejo, California (30 miles northeast of San Francisco), California State University Maritime Academy (Cal Maritime) is a unique and specialized campus of the 23-campus California State University (CSU) system. Serving a population of approximately 1100 undergraduate and 50 graduate students, we are one of only seven degree-granting maritime academies in the United States - and the only one on the West Coast. Cal Maritime offers six baccalaureate degrees in Business Administration, Global Studies and Maritime Affairs (GSMA), Facilities Engineering Technology, Marine Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, and Marine Transportation. The undergraduate curriculum includes licensing programs for future merchant marine, coast guard and naval reserve officers. Cal Maritime also offers a Master of Science in Transportation and Engineering Management degree. For more information about California State University Maritime Academy, please visit our web page at http://www.csum.edu.
Our programs focus on intellectual learning, applied technology, leadership development, and global awareness. Cal Maritime students participate in training cruises aboard the Training Ship Golden Bear or other international educational experiences - gaining a unique perspective on our increasingly global culture and economy. Cal Maritime is committed to be a leading educational institution recognized for excellence in the business, engineering, operations, security and policy of the transportation industries of the Pacific Rim and beyond. We are equally committed to hiring and retaining diverse and dedicated faculty and staff who lead the way in helping our students expand their knowledge and potential.
MAJOR COACHING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILILTIES - included but not limited to:
1. Planning and executing daily practice sessions, recruiting, continuous contact with local schools, fundraising, and all phases of preparation for competition, program development, monitoring and committing to student athlete academic progress.
2. The Academy seeks a person who has demonstrated success in program development, including the ability to attract campus and community support.
• Two years of soccer coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level or 4 years of experience at the 11v11 club level. Successful applicant must be able to demonstrate techniques and present materials relevant to a soccer session plan.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Stadium located on a turf soccer field. Some requirements for carrying and moving gear and boxes. Athletic offices and conference rooms located on second floor of the PE & Aquatics Center.
SALARY COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with the education, qualifications and experience of the individual.
BENEFITS: An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available for "qualifying" positions which includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, retirement plans, fee waiver, vacation and sick leave.
• The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK:
• Applicants must provide proof of US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States within three days from the date of hire.
• A background check investigation (including criminal records check) is required prior to employment. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• Applicants must submit on hire official documentation as proof of degree, license, or certificates as required.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested parties must submit the Cal Maritime Employment Application packet of information requested below. Apply on-line at http://www.csum.edu/web/hr/fel
1. Cal Maritime Employment Application (required)
2. Letter of interest
3. Copy of appropriate/require licenses
5. Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references
NOTIFICATION: Based upon a review of applications and accompanying documents, only those persons whose qualifications best match job requirements will be interviewed. Applicants not selected for an interview will be notified only after the position closes and the successful candidate has been selected.
DISCLAIMER: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or changed.
CAL MARITIME IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. THE UNIVERSITY SUBSCRIBES TO ALL STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS AND PROHIBITS DISCRIMINATION BASED ON RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, GENDER IDENTITY/GENDER EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, PREGNANCY, AGE, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, MEDICAL CONDITION, AND COVERED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled