Recruitment # 2616
Position: Associate Dean for Enrollment Management and Student Success (Full-Time)
Effective Date: On or about July 1, 2020
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Ph.D. in the Social Sciences, Humanities, or other relevant discipline
• Academic qualifications appropriate to appointment at the rank of full Professor as specified in the College of Liberal Arts Reappointment, Tenure, and Promotion Policy
• Demonstrated effectiveness in leadership positions
• Experience in administrative work at the Department or College level
• Potential for effectiveness with administrative work at the College level
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student, faculty, and staff population
• Demonstrated experience with enrollment management and student success in a department/program, college, or university environment
• Ability to interact effectively across Social Sciences and Humanities disciplines
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: program assessment and review, graduate programs, student success initiatives, public relations/outreach, study abroad programs and research grants and contracts, and/or fellowships
• Experience with student success initiatives such as High Impact Practices (HIP) and ability to manage related data
• Assists department chairs in enrollment management and, with Curriculum and Personnel Supervisor, resolves scheduling/enrollment issues affecting the college.
• Assume a range of responsibilities as a key member of the leadership team of the College of Liberal Arts
• Oversee student success initiatives in the college
• Oversee the development and implementation of the College's schedule of courses
• Work with the College's leadership team to manage enrollment and assign courses appropriately
• Represent the College on relevant committee, councils, and projects and at various College functions as needed
• Other duties may include but are not limited to: Work with the College's leadership team to assist in program assessment and review, graduate programs, student success initiatives, public relations/outreach, study abroad programs and research grants and contracts, and/or fellowships; Work with Department Chairs in developing and incorporating high impact practices into instruction
CSULB seeks to recruit administrators and faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
• Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
• CV (including current email address)
• Names and contact information for three references
• Copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
• Finalists will also be required to submit the following:
1) A signed SC-1 form,
2) Three current letters of recommendation independently provided by references, and
3) An official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
Applicants should apply and submit all required documentation electronically through:
Upon request, finalists will be required to submit original, official documents, as noted in the required documentation section.
Requests for information should be addressed to:
California State University, Long Beach
College of Liberal Arts
Attn: Kimberly Davis
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-1802
email@example.com or 562-985-5576
Review of applications to begin March XX, 2020.
Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled).
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position will include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interests on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and take this training every other year thereafter.
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. All management and executive employees shall be required to provide a written statement to the appropriate administrator of any and all outside employment at the time of hire or appointment and annually thereafter. Employees shall also provide a written statement of outside employment if a written request by an administrator is made.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Long Beach, California