Librarian for Health Sciences and Nursing
California State University, Chico is pleased to invite applications for a full-time 12-month tenure track Health Sciences and Nursing Librarian (Senior Assistant Librarian rank). The incumbent will be responsible for their assigned job responsibilities, professional and campus service commitments, and research/creative activity.
The Position: The Health Sciences and Nursing Librarian will make a significant contribution to the library and to the teaching and learning environment at CSU, Chico. As a member of the Research, Instruction and Outreach department of Meriam Library, the Health Sciences and Nursing Librarian will serve as the primary contact and resource for Health Science related academic units. We seek a creative and innovative librarian to liaise with the students and faculty that include Nursing, Public Health & Health Services Administration, Nutrition and Food Science, and Psychology.
The Health Sciences and Nursing Librarian offers information literacy instruction, in-depth research consultations, and reference service to faculty, undergraduates, and Master's students in both face-to-face and online environments. This position will collaborate and contribute to the development, delivery and assessment of instructional and outreach services in the Library and works in a collaborative setting to improve teaching, learning, and inclusivity at the Meriam Library.
• ALA accredited graduate degree in Library/Information Science.
• Demonstrated knowledge of disciplinary terminology and familiarity with the latest methods used in health-related research and scholarly publishing.
• Experience teaching in an academic library or higher education setting. Teaching experience accrued as a graduate student will be considered.
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and analytically and to work in a collegial, collaborative, service-focused environment.
• Experience in providing nursing or health science research assistance in an academic library or hospital setting.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty and student population.
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in a health sciences or related field.
• Experience working with first generation, non-traditional, or underrepresented student populations.
• Ability to engage disciplinary faculty in information literacy outcomes, assessment, and library research methods.
• Demonstrated interest in conducting outreach and engagement efforts with students and campus partners.
• Evidence of interest in or contribution to professional research activities.
• Serve as the liaison to health sciences and nursing department and programs.
• Provide instruction, faculty consultation, and student research assistance to health sciences and nursing departments and programs.
• Provide grant writing research support for instructional faculty.
• Serve as the library representative on University sponsored Health Science initiatives.
• Work with other information literacy and liaison librarians to develop and implement information literacy instruction across disciplines.
• Foster a welcoming and inclusive environment for all patrons.
• Develop shared instructional materials in a variety of formats.
• Pursue outreach efforts to engage the students and academic community.
• Engage in collection development activities in assigned subject areas.
• Participate in shared reference, consultation, and related activities.
• Meet research, publication, and service requirements to attain tenure.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled