SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $3,100.00/month to $3,649.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
The College of Business & Economics houses four academic departments and offers two undergraduate degree programs and five graduate degree programs with graduate programs offered domestically and internationally. The Dean's Office oversees all operations of the College.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position provides administrative support to the Dean's Office.
Under general supervision, this individual manages a high volume workload of a varied, complex, and highly confidential nature; Assesses and prioritizes requests for Dean's time and acts/refers appropriately. Works with the Associate Dean during the Dean's absence to ensure crucial tasks are completed. The incumbent is responsible for time-sensitive, high-level assignments for CBE and, at times, for the University. Must maintain a cooperative working relationship with the faculty and staff within the College and the University and with the business community.
* Serve as source of information regarding University/College/ Department policies and procedures
* Act as Receptionist for faculty, staff, students, visitors, and liaison for the managers
Administrative Support for Dean and Associate Dean:
* Assist the Managers and/or lead administrative staff in preparation of letters, memoranda, reports, event ads and forms
* Arrange hotel, travel reservations, parking passes for guest and processes travel claims
* Attend meetings and takes minutes
* Maintain files and records, including confidential records
* Develop Reports
* Maintains Dean's Calendar and schedule meetings for him
Manage Digital Measures Data Base:
* Compile Faculty Vita
* Input Faculty Vita Data into Digital Measures
* Generate Reports using Digital Measures
Support for the Budget Analyst:
* Process and maintain financials
* Log Invoices
Manage Stock Room:
* Maintain stock room
* Maintain supply room
* Order Office Supplies for the College
General Administrative Support for the College of Business:
* Coordinate and send invitations for staff events such as farewell parties, retirement, new born
* Collect sunshine fund contributions
* File Maintenance Request
* Oversee Mail-room and Delivers Inner Campus Mail
* Distribute payroll checks in the mail-room
* Place Chartwells food orders
* Member of Commencement Committee
* Member on University Honors Committee
* Coordinate CBE Scholarship Awards and Presentations
* Coordinate Beta Gamma Sigma Induction Ceremony
* Coordinate various other College events such as retirement, holiday parties etc.
Provide Administrative Support to Graduate Programs Office, Assurance of Learning Office, Marketing Office and Career Center Office when needed.
Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
* Ability to interact with a diverse clientele. Faculty, staff, students, and visitors are treated courteously and respectfully.
* Ability to have work done accurately and in a timely manner so that deadlines are met and office runs smoothly.
* Ability to be dependable, flexible and willing to take on new assignments.
* Ability to have (or gain) a comprehensive knowledge of Department, College, University, and CSU policies and procedures.
* Ability to serve as a resource person for faculty, students, staff and visitors.
* Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with clarity and professionalism.
Requires fundamental written and oral communication skills, including a sound foundation in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; an ability to understand standard office procedures; an ability to operate standard office equipment; an ability to learn office technology systems; an ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; and typing and keyboard skills.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through completion of a high school program or its equivalent and some experience in an office environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Equivalent to at least two (2) years of general clerical/administrative office work experience, or a combination of training, education, and work experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled