***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***SUMMER DAY CAMP DIRECTORBackyard Explorers Program HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Parks & RecreationPROGRAM:
"Backyard Explorers" (Kindergarten - 5th Grade Youth Camp)WORK LOCATION:
Markham Nature Park, 3915 Cowell Rd., Concord, CA 94521DATES:
Staff Training: Select dates/times between May 30, 2020 - June 7, 2020
Camp Runs June 8, 2020 - August 7, 2020HOURS:
Hours vary between 6:30 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.SALARY RANGE:
$19.01 - $20.98 per hourFINAL FILING DATE:
5:00 p.m. on July 31, 2020 THE IDEAL CANDIDATE :
The Ideal "Backyard Explorers" Summer Day Camp Director possesses:
- Superb customer service skills;
- Excellent communication skills, especially with parents, staff and vendors;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Supervisory and management skills;
- Coursework completed in the area of childhood development; and
- Experience working with children ranging in age from 5 to 10 years (Kindergarten through 5th Grade)
As the Program Director you will: plan, coordinate, supervise staff, and initiate various activities; be an excellent role model and positive mentor for elementary school aged children; be part of a team; be creative; and develop positive relationships with staff, participants, and parents.
Programs include activities focused on health, fitness and nutrition education; cooking projects; swimming; local trips & excursions; challenging reality games, innovative art projects and more. For additional program information, please visit http://cityofconcord.org Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ensuring the overall safety and well-being of participants and staff.
- Overseeing, monitoring, planning and implementing of daily activities appropriate to the needs of 65 to 85 Kindergarten through 5th grade-aged youth.
- Managing staff and assigning tasks as needed.
- Establishing a positive rapport with students, parents, and co-workers.
- Ensuring supervision of participants at all times.
- Booking locations and coordinating transportation for all weekly field trips using City cars, bus, vans and public transportation.
- Managing and maintaining budget, and purchasing needed tickets, materials and supplies for scheduled activities.
- Managing, maintaining, and updating program records, as well as updating weekly calendar and newsletter, participant emergency cards, staff evaluations and binder documenting all program correspondence.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of good teaching practices and youth development.
- Possesses experience working with elementary age youth.
- Possesses good organization and time-management skills.
- Possesses a minimum of one (1) year of experience in recreation or related field; supervisory experience is highly desired .
- Must be at least 18 years old and in good health; have, or be willing to obtain before start of program: Fingerprint clearance, TB clearance; CPR, First Aid, AED certification; Food Handling Certification, and have a valid California Driver's license. Must be available to participate in mandatory Training Workshops select dates/times between May 30th - June 7th. APPLICATION / SELECTION PROCEDURES:
To apply for this position go to, http://cityofconcord.org/ and click on Employment Opportunities. All applications and resumes will be reviewed in relation to the criteria outlined above. Only those candidates who best meet the qualifications will be invited to interview. Applicants will be notified of interview time and date. Other:
For additional information, please contact:
Devynn Darner, 925-671-3118 or email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 07/31/20 5:00 PM Pacific Time