Law Office of the Los Angeles CountyPUBLIC DEFENDER Payroll Title
: Information Technology Manager IExam Number
: L2565A-RType of Recruitment
: Open Competitive Job OpportunityFiling Dates:
Applications will be accepted starting January 30, 2020 at 8:00 A.M.
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.Management Appraisal of Performance Plan (MAPP)
: This position is subject to the provisions of the Management Appraisal of Performance Plan (MAPP). Initial salary placement and subsequent salary adjustments will be made in accordance with MAPP and regulations.Check Out Our Outstanding Benefits!Click here
to see a list of employee benefits.
The Los Angeles County Public Defender Office (LACPD) is undergoing major digital transformation initiatives modernizing and consolidating its legacy systems into an enterprise, cloud-based, customer relationship management solution. This multi-million-dollar project is digitizing, automating and transforming legacy operations into a modern, Platform as a Service (PaaS), solutions including Salesforce.com (SFDC) with Luminex, Linkpoint 360, Drawloop, Box.com and other technologies. LACPD is deploying Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) for business automation and advanced data analytics.The Opportunity:
LACPD is seeking a self-driven individual with strong Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), DevOps and CI process knowledge to develop solutions within Salesforce.com (SFDC) platform and/or perform custom development. The candidate must have a passion to solve complex business problems leveraging COTS and custom-built technology applications. Establish and lead DevOps to build, improve and maintain LACPD's new SFDC CRM system. Working independently or leading a team of developers and solution architects to build technical solution that addresses business needs.
Essential Job Functions
1. Leads the technical delivery of SalesForce.com (SFDC) ongoing improvements and development by planning, designing, and implementing complex business processes using SFDC custom and out of the box objects in order to ensure Public Defender's Client Case Management System (CCMS) is up to date and agile to scale and accommodate the ongoing business process change.
2. Develops custom applications by utilizing SFDC's APEX and JAVA object-oriented programming in order to ensure Public Defender's Client Case Management System (CCMS) is up to date and agile to scale and accommodate the ongoing business process change.
3. Leads technical design sessions and develop design documentation for custom and out of the box objects in order to address ongoing Public Defender's business needs.
4. Leads and manages the development validation and quality control by leveraging industry best practices of Agile, SCRUM, DevOps and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery operations in order to ensure a quality solution is delivered.
5. Translates business requirements into well-architected solutions by designing, developing, and implementing custom and out of the box applications/modules in order to address Public Defender's business needs.
6. Provides technical expertise by resolving complex application software and system performance problems in order to optimize use of existing software, leverage design of new systems, and promote the efficient, cost effective uses of advanced technologies.
7. Represents the department by participating in collaborative efforts with other County departments, outside agencies and/or vendors in order to communicate Public Defender's business best interest.
8. Supervises and leads developers and solution architects by performing a full range of administrative and technical supervisory tasks, which includes recruiting, hiring, advising, motivating, training, supporting, and coaching to ensure quality outcome is delivered in a timely and effective manner.
9. Promotes efficient, cost effective uses of advanced technologies by transforming legacy applications into emergent technologies to ensure Public Defender's system are up to date and compatible with current technologies.
Requirements Requirements to Qualify:
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field, and six (6) years of progressively responsible* full-time experience within the last eight (8) years in a centralized Information Technology organization performing Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) design, development, testing and deployment; Two (2) years must have been managing a team in enterprise application** development activities.
*Progressively responsible experience is work experience that clearly shows an upward progression in the level of duties and responsibilities from one job to the next.
**Enterprise application is an application that will manage critical business process and be used by most if not all personnel involved in that business process.
Out of class experience will not be considered for this examination.Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience in JAVA
- Experience in Salesforce development with Apex and Visualforce
- Experience in SFDC APIs, SOSL, SOQL, SOAP or REST based web services
- Experience with Salesforce architecture, object modeling and API
- Experience integrating systems such as SFDC with Box.com
- Salesforce Certifications (Platform Developer I & Platform Developer II)
A valid California Class Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.Physical Class:
2-Light. Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.
Additional Information Our Assessment Process
Once we have determined that you meet the requirements, we will evaluate your fitness for this opportunity using the following assessments:Part I
: Multiple choice tests weighted at 70%, measuring three Professional/Technical knowledge areas:
- Programming Concepts, covering the following topics: Algorithms; Complex Data Types; Data Access; Productivity and Quality; Program Flow; Program Structure; Programming Paradigms; User Interface; Variables, Data Types, and Operators.
- JAVA 8, covering the following topics: Class Definition, Core Libraries, Integration Libraries, Practical Software Engineering, Support Libraries, Syntax, Tools and Virtual Machine.
- OO Concepts, covering the following topics: Class Design, Code LifeCycle, Design Practices, Distinctive Characteristics, Object Instances, Relationships and System Architecture.
: A multiple choice test weighted at 30%, measuring Deductive Reasoning Ability, Management Potential, Professional Potential, Achievement, Flexibility, Confidence and Optimism, Thoroughness, Sense of Duty, Innovation, Influence and Independence. THE MULTIPLE CHOICE TEST IS NOT REVIEWABLE BY CANDIDATES PER CIVIL SERVICE RULE 7.19.
Only those candidates that achieve a passing score of 70% or higher in Part I, will have Part II scored.Applicants must meet the Selection Requirements and achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on all parts in order to be placed on the eligible register.
Applications will be processed on an as received basis and promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.Transfer of Scores
Applicants that have taken the identical test part for other exams within the last 12 months, will have their responses for the identical test part automatically transferred to this examination.
This examination contains test parts that may be used in the future for new examinations. Your scores will be transferred to the new examination and you may not be allowed to re-take any identical test parts for at least 12 months.Test Preparation
Study guides and other test preparation resources are available to help candidates prepare for employment tests. While the guides will help in preparing for the test, we advise you to review all related materials that you deem necessary.
An interactive, Online Test Preparation System for taking practice tests may be accessed on the Department of Human Resources website at http://hr.lacounty.gov/
. Please click on "Find a Job" and then "Job Search Toolkit." Test Preparation Information is located under the "Employment Test Assistance" section. Additional practice tests are available at http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html
.Fair Chance Initiative
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment. The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed
.Application and Filing Information
Applications must be filed online only. We must receive your application by 5:00 p.m., PT, on the last day of filing. Applications submitted by U.S. mail, fax, or in person will not be accepted. Apply online by clicking on the "Apply" green button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this web site.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the Requirements to Qualify as listed on this bulletin. Provide any relevant job experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, and description of work performed. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Important:
Please note that all
information included in the application materials is subject to verification
at any point during the examination and hiring process, including after an appointment has been made. Falsification
of any information may result in disqualification
or rescission of appointment.
from Class Specification and Minimum requirements serving as your description of duties will not
be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an incomplete application
and you may be disqualified
.Social Security Number:
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.Computer and internet access at public libraries:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.No sharing of User ID and Password:
All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.ADA Coordinator Email: email@example.comTeletype Phone:
(800) 899-4099Alternate Teletype Phone:
(800) 897-0077California Relay Services Phone:
(800) 735-2922Department Contact Name:
Heidi KimDepartment Contact Phone:
(213) 738-2009Department Contact Email: hkim
Closing Date/Time: Continuous