JobTransportation Planning Intern
The Parks & Public Works Department in the Town of Los Gatos is looking for an energetic intern to assist in several exciting projects. The intern will assist in the development of several bicycle and pedestrian projects, focusing on public engagement, messaging, data collection and analysis, and grant applications. You will gain valuable outreach, grant writing, and project management experience.
We have a small but efficient team: dedicated, creative, and flexible. We value great relationships within the organization and the community. Please join us in a positive and supportive environment to jump start your professional career.Examples of Duties / Knowledge & SkillsQualifications:
Undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in a related program, such as Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Transportation and Civil Engineering, Public Administration, Communications, Economics, etc., are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate must have strong writing, communication and organization skills, proficient in typical office computer applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and web-based applications such as Google Mymap, Google Docs and Sheets.
- Conduct bike and pedestrian counts;
- Prepare user survey and analyze data;
- Analyze data and produce tables and graphs for presentations;
- Assist in public engagement activities: plan, materials, meetings and summary;
- Prepare grant applications under directions: prepare drafts, assemble package, prepare letters;
- Update website, prepare social media posting, communicate with customers, prepare outreach materials;
- Assist in community and other meetings
Work Hours and Pay:
The average work hours are 16 to 24 hours a week during the school year, and up to 40 hours a week during the summer break. Work schedule will be arranged according to the intern's school schedule and the department's needs. The salary range is $16.90 - $21.58 per hour.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should apply online and include a resume and a letter of interest.
Closing Date/Time: 2/12/2020 11:59 PM Pacific