Recruitment Number VA1231
Posting Period 10/14/19 - 10/28/19
On Campus Only No
Working Title PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN (Physician)
Class Title PHYSICIAN
Salary Range (From $ to $) $12,515 - $21,255 per month (New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning of the salary range).
Department Student Health Services
Number of Positions 1
FLSA Code Exempt
Status Regular: Permanent (after one-year probationary period)
Pay Plan 12/12
CBU/MOU R01 - UPAD Physicians & Veterinarians
Quick Link http://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/5848
Hours Per Day 8 hours during the school year / 10 hours during the summer
Days Per Week 5 days during the school year / 4 days during the summer
Under general administrative direction of the Director of the Student Health Center, incumbent is responsible for providing primary medical care, including diagnosis and treatment of acute injuries and illnesses, minor surgery, preventative care, family planning, outpatient gynecology, mental health assessment and referrals to specialists. The incumbent will also oversee and direct the delivery of medical care by other healthcare professionals and practitioners in the Student Health Services (SHS).
Student Health Services is an outpatient primary care clinic, staffed by physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who provide medical care to a diverse student community enrolled in the University in accordance with policies set by the Board of Trustees of California State University. An in-house licensed pharmacy, federally certified laboratory, and x-ray department complement the services available.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA1231-Position-Description
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Incumbent must possess:
• Thorough knowledge of:
• The principles and methods essential to primary care medicine, and in the diagnosis and treatment of common medical disorders, and in the assessment and response to emergency situations, and the ability to effectively apply these principles.
• Community resources in medical treatment and public health practices.
• Local, state and national laws and regulations pertaining to the medical field and the specialty.
• Applicable professional ethics and standards; ability to serve as a mentor and resource consultant for other health center personnel.
• Working knowledge of computer and technology systems.
Incumbent must possess:
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated skills in diagnostic and clinical decision-making.
Incumbent must have the ability to:
• Maintain standards of professional ethics.
• Demonstrate commitment to values and programs of diversity and multiculturalism.
• Serve as a mentor and resource consultant for other health center personnel.
• Assess emergency situations and take prompt action.
• Exercise sound judgment.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of medical practitioners and specialists, as well as students, administrators and faculty.
• Maintain patient confidentiality and handle sensitive situations.
• Maintain composure and remain calm in emergency situations, while providing clear and concise direction to others.
• Must have the physical and manual dexterity to perform patient care.
• Work in a fast paced environment, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
• Function cooperatively and productively as a member of a unit.
• Adjust to change.
• Perform assigned duties.
Required Education and/or Experience
Graduation from a medical school and completion of a residency training program in a primary care field such as family medicine, general internal medicine, gynecology, general pediatrics, emergency medicine, preventive medicine accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or equivalent.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Incumbent is expected to possess and maintain the legal requirements to practice medicine in the State of California while employed in this position.
• A valid and relevant State of California license to practice medicine.
• A current American Board of Specialties (ABMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) medical board certification appropriate for the assigned duties.
• A valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) certificate and number for prescribing controlled substances.
• A current cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillator (CPR/AED) certification as appropriate for the assigned duties.
• Note: In accordance with Executive Order 943 a physician can be given clinical privileges pending initial certification, but must be board certified as soon as possible, but no later than two years after the date of hire.
• A background check (including a criminal records check and/or fingerprinting) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position. Current CSU, Chico employees are subject to a background check if voluntarily moving into a sensitive position, regardless of any background checks previously conducted. This position is considered a sensitive position based on CSU guidelines. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
• The person holding this position is considered a "General Mandated Reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 (revised July 21, 2017) as a condition of employment.
• Adhere and comply to Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines and regulations.
• This position may not report any information about an incident of Sexual Misconduct, Dating or Domestic Violence or Stalking to anyone else at the University, including the Title IX Coordinator, without the victim's consent, subject to any disclosures required by law.
• Throughout employment in this position must possess and maintain the legal requirements to practice medicine in the State of California while employed in this position.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. Requires the ability to access all areas of the facility throughout the workday, operate typical office and medical equipment, lift up to 35 pounds occasionally, 15 pounds frequently and 7 pounds constantly. The physician is required to obtain assistance of another qualified employee when attempting to lift or transfer objects over 25 pounds. Required to frequently stand, sit, and walk with repetitive leg and arm movements and constant hand grasping and finger dexterity, may occasionally bend, reach forward and overhead, squat, and kneel.
Work is performed in a typical outpatient care facility which is indoors, well-lighted, well-ventilated, heated, and air-conditioned environment. Position involves constant interaction with students, staff and occasionally with faculty to perform student health care and advising. The duties involve direct, personal contact with patients. Infectious material hazards involve regular exposure to disease-bearing specimens, body fluids, wastes and blood-borne pathogens. May be called back for disaster response or emergencies. It should be noted that service dogs may be present.
This position qualifies for benefits including tuition fee waiver (if eligible).
CSU, Chico offers a number of benefits to its employees (e.g., sick leave, vacation, health insurance). Eligibility for standard CSU benefits is based on an appointment of half-time or more for a period exceeding six months. Employees appointed less than half-time or less than six months are not eligible for standard CSU benefits but do receive prorated sick leave and vacation.
Eligibility for Affordable Care Act (ACA) benefits is based on an appointment of at least three-quarter time, hired to work a minimum of 130 hours per month over the course of the appointment or works an average of 130 hours or more per month during the measurement period. The ACA guidelines provide for health coverage or FlexCash only. ACA does not provide dental or vision plan coverage.
About the University and Community
Detailed information is available at https://www.csuchico.edu/about/. As a university that educates students of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds, we value a diverse faculty and staff. CSU, Chico welcomes applicants who are knowledgeable about and interested in working within a cross-cultural learning environment. We also welcome those who share a passion and commitment to the University's 6th Strategic Priority that focuses on sustainability, stewardship, and the environment - see http://www.csuchico.edu/sustainability/index.shtml.
California State University, Chico is committed to achieving excellence through diversity in the classroom and the workplace. It strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students, faculty, and staff.
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Open Date (posting open date) 10/14/2019
Close Date (posting close date) 10/28/2019
Open Until Filled No
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled