The Solano County Department of Information Technology (IT) invites you to apply for the position of Information Technology Specialist I. We have two full-time vacancies.
This position works as part of a team tasked with the administration of the IT department as well as providing important services to departments countywide. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work in an IT procurement role, working with IT assets, and providing customer service to county departments, vendors, and other IT staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Knowledge of IT specifications of desktops, laptops, printers, etc.
• Knowledge of basic asset and inventory principles.
• Ability to provide customer service to county departments and outside vendors.
• Ability to understand complex IT vendor quotes and input them into a financial system.
• Ability to received shipments and track them through the workflow to the final user.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
The eligible list created as a result of this recruitment will be used to fill full-time, part-time and extra help positions as vacancies occur.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Education: Successful completion of the twelfth grade or its equivalent supplemented by computer information systems user courses or training programs related to general data processing principles, computer operations, and standard government and business applications and operating software programs.
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience to include working with computerized data/information systems.
To review the full job description which includes examples of duties, please visit http://www.solanocounty.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=15854