Position Overview Parks and Recreation will continue to hire seasonal staff for summer programming. Applicants should be prepared to interview virtually or by phone, so please make sure that you have provided a current phone number on your application and have also set up voicemail. The City of Henderson trains and certifies all Lifeguards on-site.
The City of Henderson is seeking enthusiastic team players to provide premier public service in our award-winning Parks & Recreation Department.
Under immediate supervision, maintains safety and prevents accidents in aquatics facilities through monitoring and observation of swimmers and patrons; performs rescues and provides first aid as needed; and performs related duties as assigned.Candidates must successfully complete the following prerequisite swim test in order to move forward in the interview process:
- 50-yard continuous swim with head above water (unassisted)
- 50-yard continuous swim with head above water (assisted with rescue tube)
- 1-minute water tread (without use of hands or arms)
- Retrieval of 10-pound object from 7 - 13 feet of water depth
Lifeguard is an excellent opportunity to serve the Henderson community in an entry-level position.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description and physical requirements.
Because Lifeguard positions are available in facilities throughout the City of Henderson, work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs.Candidates for this position will be subject to post-offer drug testing (NRS 613(1) (d)).Minimum Qualifications
- Must be 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Incumbent must obtain the following certifications within (30) days of hire:
- StarGuard ELITE ® Lifeguard Certification
- American Safety & Health Institute Basic First Aid
- American Safety & Health Institute Bloodborne Pathogens
- American Safety & Health Institute CPR Pro for the Professional Rescuer®
- American Safety & Health Institute Emergency Oxygen
Required Documents/Assessment InformationDocuments Required at the Time of Application:
- Applicants who are hired with American Red Cross or Starfish Aquatics Institute certifications will be required to attend a course provided by the City to transition their certifications to StarGuard ELITE ® Lifeguard Certification prior to beginning work as a Lifeguard.
- All required certifications as mandated by state and federal laws, or as required by the City, must be obtained and maintained as a condition of continued employment and may be at the incumbent's expense.
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireSelection Process
You will be contacted by email or phone during the application and hiring process. It is your responsibility to check the email and phone number voicemail you provided on your application.
We can't leave you a message if your voicemail is not set up or is full, so please make sure that you set up, check and clear out your voicemail during the application and hiring process.
Please add email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com to your email address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Employment with the City may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer background investigation, medical/physical examination, and a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.