Job Summary This is a continuous recruitment to create a register of eligible candidates.
This position performs entry level law enforcement work as a Deputy Sheriff. Position involves initial academy and on-the-job learning and in service training and development prior to receiving Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZ POST) certification. HOW TO APPLY: Please read and follow the instructions below 1) Apply online :
Complete and submit an online application by clicking on"Apply"
(This will take you to the log-in page where you may need to create an account if you haven't done so already).2) Print your online applications
: Print submitted online application after submission (you can log in to your account to view and print if need).3) Receive email with Supplemental Packet
: After you submit your online application, you will receive an email containing theDeputy Sheriff Supplemental Application Packet. (If you don't see our email with the Supplemental Packet, check your SPAMemail folder, it might be there) 4) Print, read, and complete
theDeputy Sheriff Supplemental Application Packet.5) Submityour completed packet
to Human Resources 700 W. Beale St. Kingman, AZ 864015) Schedule a test date
Human Resources will contact you once the packet has been reviewed. (Check your email for the contact information) 2020 Deputy Sheriff - Written Test will be held
March 2 & 3
June 1 & 2
September 14 & 15
November 30 & December 16) Bring your original POST packet
,printed online application and requested documents with you
to your scheduled testing date.*Incomplete packets and/or late arrivals will be rescheduled and are ineligible to test or re-apply no less than 90 days.
Work involves participation in assigned in-service training and formal academic programs of instruction designed to qualify the incumbent for certification as a Deputy Sheriff. Incumbents are to be assigned as a Deputy Sheriff upon successful obtainment of AZ POST certification. The incumbent upon employment as a Deputy Sheriff will be scheduled to attend and must successfully complete a recognized Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZ POST) training academy. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
Formal academic instruction and in-service training are performed under immediate supervision; however, as skill and experience are gained in fulfilling routine duties, increasingly independent action may be authorized. Work is reviewed through observation, conferences, written examinations, performance tests and an evaluation of training records and reports.Minimum Qualifications
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- High School diploma /GED.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities See full job description details by clicking here: Deputy Sheriff
- Must be 21 years of age to be employed as a Deputy Sheriff with the Mohave County Sheriff's Office and to attend a recognized Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZ POST) training academy.
- Willingness to attend and successfully complete a recognized Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZ POST) training academy, typically incumbents will complete academy within six months of assignment to a Deputy Sheriff position.
- Possess the ability to successfully complete a written examination, physical agility testing, oral board interview, polygraph examination, psychological examination, background investigation, final administrative interview and other testing appropriate to law enforcement individuals.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.