OVERVIEWThe Kitsap County Sheriff's Office seeks qualified applicants to join our team as a Corrections Officer. We welcome all candidates who want to serve their community by pursuing a law enforcement career. Please see below for important informationabout required qualifications and the recruitment process. Also, visit our webpage and follow us on Facebook .Teamwork, Integrity, ProfessionalismMission
: Through our vision and values, we are dedicated to providing quality public safety services in partnership with our diverse communities.Vision
:To be recognized as a respected and trusted Sheriff's Office while making Kitsap County a safer place to live, work, and visit.Positions Information
Kitsap County offers challenging and exciting careers for Corrections Officers at one of the most beautiful areas in Washington State. When you become part of the team, you are welcomed into our close-knit family. Our department is progressive and prides itself on keeping up with the latest technology and equipment. Our personalized approach to your future growth includes progressive job-related training, development of leadership skills and on-the-job training. This position is working inside our correctional facility performing booking, searching, releasing, transportation, supervision, and security work. Employees are responsible for the operations of the jail on a 24 hour, 7 day a week basis in order to keep our community safe! Join our team and have a career where what you do really matters.
Full descriptions for each position are available by selecting the classification link below and/or on the Public Safety website.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSRequired Education and Experience - Entry Level Candidates
- Corrections Officer 1 (Entry Level)
- Corrections Officer 2 (Lateral/Experienced)
Required Education and Experience - Lateral Candidates
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); AND
- One year of full-time experience as a federal, county, or municipal Corrections Officer; AND
- Successful completion of the agency's corrections FTO and probationary programs (to include graduation from the Washington State Criminal Justice Corrections Academy oran equivalent certification from another state's recognized basic corrections academy); AND
- Applicants must be currently employed or not be separated from employment as a federal,county, or municipal Corrections Officer.
All interestedentry level and lateral candidates should also review KCSO agency information, requirements, disqualifying criteria, and application process information at our Public Safety Agency Page . Application Process
The start point for all KCSO law enforcement positions is with a valid Public Safety Testing (PST) Law Enforcement Exam ( www.publicsafetytesting.com ). Here are the steps to get started:
- Visit the PST website and choose your career path (Corrections).
- Select Kitsap County as one of the agencies you are interested in.
- Review and agree tothe requiredqualifications to join our team.
- Select a date and time foryourLaw Enforcement Exam
- Create an applicant profile. Filling out your profile ensures that agencies have the information required for the hiring process.
- Take your test. Be prepared to succeed when you arrive at your test location.
If you list Kitsap County as one of the agencies you are interested in, we will receive the results of your written and physical fitness tests. We will then send you an invitation to apply to Kitsap County . We willreceive your onlineapplication,screen itto ensure you qualify, and then place you on a hiring register if you meet our eligibility requirements. Your PST score will determine your position on that register.You will be eligible for further steps in the hiring process (i.e., background investigation, oral boards, etc.) for six months after placement on the hiringregister.OTHER POSITION RELATED INFORMATION
Kitsap County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact our Human Resources Office.