IntroductionTHIS IS A NEW CONTINUOUS EXAMINATION
. The eligible list resulting from this examination will cancel any existing list and may last approximately one year but can be extended. This examination may be reopened as necessary and the names of additional candidates merged onto the existing list according to examination score. APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME
be in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the Last Day for Filing. Applications will only be accepted on-line. Supplemental Questionnaire
: A properly completed Supplemental Questionnaire must be submitted with each application. Applications and Supplemental Questionnaires must be in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the Last Day for Filing. Failure to submit the Application or Supplemental Questionnaire will result in disqualification.
DESCRIPTION THE AGENCY
The Alameda County Community Development Agency's mission is to enhance the quality of life of Alameda County residents and plan for the future well-being of the County's diverse communities; to balance the physical, economic and social needs of County residents through land use planning, environmental management, neighborhood improvement, and community development, and to promote and protect agriculture, the environment, economic vitality and human health. To learn more about the Alameda County Community Development Agency, visit the website https://www.acgov.org/cda/ THE POSITION
Under supervision, performs various program support functions which do not require a license in the Agriculture/Weights and Measures Department, such as routine placement and inspection of insect detection traps, assistance with pest management functions, and the inspection of commercial scales, retail motor fuel devices and undercover test purchases.
The equivalent of six months' full-time experience with private or public agency in agricultural, biologist or agricultural pest detection work.
Satisfactory completion of three courses in either agricultural or biological science at the college level.
Possession of a valid California Vehicle Operator's License.
NOTE: The Civil Service Commission may modify the above Minimum Qualification in announcement of an examination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSThe most suitably qualified candidates will possess the following competencies:
• Biology of target pests.
• Basic host plant and insect identification.
• Basic operation of scales and metering devices.
• Keep accurate records.
• Drive safely and skillfully.
• Create, read and utilize simple diagrams and maps effectively.
• Work independently with minimum or remote supervision.
• Read and follow instructions.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Interact effectively with County employees and members of the public.
• Solve simple mathematic problems.
EXAMINATION COMPONENTSTHE EXAMINATION WILL CONSIST OF the following steps:
1) A review of candidates' applications and supplemental questionnaires to verify possession of minimum requirements. Those candidates who possess the minimum requirements for the class will move on to the next step in the examination process.
2) An oral interview which will be weighted as 100 % of the candidate's final examination score. The oral interview may contain situational exercises.
CANDIDATES MUST ATTAIN A QUALIFYING RATING ON EACH PORTION OF THIS EXAMINATION. We reserve the right to make changes to the announced examination components.
Alameda County utilizes a Civil Service Selection System founded on merit. Such a system is competitive and based on broad recruitment efforts and equal opportunity for qualified applicants to test in an examination process designed to determine the qualifications, fitness and ability of competitors to perform duties of the vacant position. Many of our recruitments are targeted and specific to the needs of a current vacant position, in which case, the eligible list may be exclusively used for that current vacant position. Other recruitments may be more broadly used for both current and future vacancies, or for other alternate jobs with comparable scopes of work.
To learn more about our recruitment and selection process, please visit the "What You Need to Know" section of our website, www.acgov.org/hrs
Applicants will be informed via email with reasonable notice in advance of any examination process which will require their attendance. The following dates are tentative
and subject to change based on the needs of the Agency:
TENTATIVE SELECTION PLAN
Deadline for Filing:
Review of Application and Supplemental Quesrtionnaire to Determine Minimum Qualifications:
*The combined oral examination/hiring interview, in addition to establishing an eligibility list, may serve as the final selection interview for vacancies in this classification.
*WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE ANNOUNCED RECRUITMENT & SELECTION PLAN*
Alameda County and the Human Resource Services Department will make reasonable efforts in the examination and/or selection process to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities and/or medical conditions in accordance/compliance with the State Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Alameda County's Reasonable Accommodation Policy and applicable statues. To request an accommodation due to a disability/medical condition during this or other phases of the examination/selection process, please contact the assigned Human Resources Representative listed on the job announcement before the last date of filing. Alameda County requires applicants to provide supporting documentation to substantiate a request for reasonable accommodation. In order to qualify for a reasonable accommodation, applicants must have a disability/medical condition pursuant to the ADA, FEHA and applicable statues.
For more information regarding our Reasonable Accommodation procedures, please visit our website, www.acgov.org/hrs
Alameda County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that affords wide-ranging health care options to meet the different needs of a diverse workforce and their families. We also sponsor many different employee discount, fitness and health screening programs focused on overall well being. These benefits include but are not limited to*:For your Health & Well-Being
For your Financial Future
- Medical - HMO & PPO Plans
- Dental - HMO & PPO Plans
- Vision or Vision Reimbursement
- Share the Savings
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance (with optional dependent coverage for eligible employees)
- County Allowance Credit
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Health FSA, Dependent Care and Adoption Assistance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits - Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program
For your Work/Life Balance
- Retirement Plan - (Defined Benefit Pension Plan)
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457 Plan or Roth Plan)
- 11 paid holidays
- Floating Holidays
- Vacation and sick leave accrual
- Vacation purchase program
- Catastrophic Sick Leave
- Group Auto/Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Employee Wellness Program (e.g. At Work Fitness, Incentive Based Programs, Gym Membership Discounts)
- Employee Discount Program (e.g. theme parks, cell phone, etc.)
- Child Care Resources
- 1 st United Services Credit Union
*Eligibility is determined by Alameda County and offerings may vary by collective bargaining agreement. This provides a brief summary of the benefits offered and can be subject to change.
All notices related to County recruitments for which you have applied will be sent/delivered via email. Please add @jobaps.com,@acgov.org
as accepted addresses to any email blocking or spam filtering program you may use. If you do not do this, your email blocking or spam filtering program may block receipt of the notices regarding your application for recruitments. You are also strongly advised to regularly log into your County of Alameda online application account to check for notices that may have been sent to you. All email notices that will be sent to you will also be kept in your personal online application account. You will be able to view all of your notices in your online application account by clicking on the 'My applications' button on the Current Job Openings page.Please take the steps recommended above to ensure you do not miss any notices about a recruitment for which you have applied. The County of Alameda is not responsible for notices that are not read, received, or accessed by any applicant for a County recruitment.
NOTE: All notices are generated through an automated email notification system. Replies to the email box alamedacountyHR@acgov.org
are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. If you have questions please go to our website at www.acgov.org/hrs
. You may also contact the Human Resources Analyst listed on the bulletin for the recruitment for which you have applied.Debra Robinson-Harris, Human Resources Analyst III
Human Resource Services, County of Alameda Debra.Robinson@acgov.org
(510) 272-6437 Alameda County has a diverse workforce, that is representative of the communities we serve, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance and business need. Alameda County does not discriminate in employment on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors protected under federal, state and local law. Alameda County celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive, and welcoming workplace environment.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.