SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
College of Liberal and Creative Arts
This is a one year probationary position.
Monday to Friday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Anticipated Hiring Range*
$4,400.00 to $5,000.00 per month ( $52,800.00 to $60,000.00 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Assistant Scheduler and Data Analyst will report to the Associate Dean and assist the Lead Scheduler with scheduling buildings, checking budget allocations and reviewing data for enrollment and cost analysis. Assist the Lead Scheduler with facilities usage for instructional purposes with special attention to ADA compliance and classroom needs. This position will also work directly with the Associate Deans to develop models, based on course schedule data, for analysis, fiscal tracking and projection purposes.
Administrative Support for the Lead Scheduler
- Assists with audit and review of class schedules for 21 programs and departments in the College, checking for scheduling conflicts (e.g. day/time/room/contact hours conflicts) and recommending solutions to the Lead Scheduler and administrators.
- Assists with maintenance of historical records for analyses and decisions regarding current schedules, cost analyses, and projected enrollment for above programs.
- Serves as backup contact for Academic Resources and attends meetings when needed.
- Resolves when possible faculty concerns about classroom conditions in LCA Buildings (e.g., blinds, whiteboards, heat, etc.) and reports to administrators those problems requiring additional resources.
- Evaluates classroom configurations in LCA Buildings for required seats, writing surfaces, and appropriate equipment or other materials. Works with appropriate building coordinator and facilities staff to resolve problems and reports unresolved problems to administrators.
- Assists with other tasks as assigned by the Lead Scheduler, including one-time room requests. Budgeting, Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Assists the Associate Deans and Lead Scheduler with preparation of faculty workload, budget, and enrollment reports to be used in cost analysis and enrollment management. Reports to include, but not limited to, for each program and department in the College: courses offered, enrollments, faculty teaching each course, FTES, cost per course, WTUs, and funding source.
- Use independent judgment to make decisions, interpret, and develop a tracking system for the College for projecting course needs.
- Monitor, track and analyze data from various sources on LCA classes and make recommendations to Associate Deans, based on this historical data, with regard to meeting both FTES and FTEF requirements.
- Collaborate with Associate Deans regarding student data and graduation rates.
Dean's Office Administrative support
- Provides backup assistance for services at College front desk when needed; answering phones, greet visitors, directing students.
- Backup person for vacation and sick leave calendars for the College office, scheduling Dean's conference room and OLLI room in CA.
- Sort incoming mail, make deliveries/pick-ups and check pick-ups in the Administration building and elsewhere on campus.
- Perform general office duties.
Other duties as assigned.
At all Times
-Demonstrate behaviors that are in line with the User Friendly Principles (P530C) and Principles of Conduct for a Multi-Cultural University (P3OD)
- Demonstrate safe work practices for oneself, others and the office environment.
- Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty. Basic knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting the applicable program, organizational unit, and/or administrative specialty.
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
- Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
- Ability to organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities.
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the workgroup and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Experience with Campus Solutions
- Experience monitoring budgets and spreadsheets.
- Strong skills with Excel. Familiar with College and University policies and procedures regarding courses and class schedule and how to acquire additional information about them.
-Familiarity with requesting repairs to instructional spaces.
Core Competencies - embody the following competencies:
- Bias toward collaboration and teamwork.
- Effective communication across a variety of venues.
- Customer/Client Focus with an emphasis in problem solving and resolution.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility as demonstrated by interpersonal and professional confidence.
- Diversity and inclusion.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21,2017 as a condition of employment.
Must be able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
How To Apply
**THE ONLINE RECRUITMENT SYSTEM WILL ALLOW ONLY ONE FILE ATTACHMENT FOR EACH SUBMISSION**
Submit an online application and upload in one file attachment your resume, cover letter, describing your specific qualifications for each position AND three (3) professional references who can comment upon your education and/or job related experience.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
This position is open until filled.
Review of applications to begin July 12, 2019.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled