Administrative Support Coordinator
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Child and Adolescent Development (CAD) in the College of Health & Social Sciences (CHSS)
This is a one year probationary position.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Anticipated Hiring Range*
$2,125.00 to $2,200.00 per month @ a Time Base of (0.5)
$25,500.00 to $26,400.00 annually @ a Time Base of (0.5)
$4,250.00 to $4,400.00 per month @ a Time Base of (1.0)
$51,000.00 to $52,800.00 annually @ a Time Base of (1.0)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Administrative Support Coordinator (ASC) is responsible for most administrative tasks and supports the Department Chair, Associate Chair, and all other department faculty, under the general supervision of the Chair and Administrative Office Coordinator (AOC). The ASC is responsible for most aspects of office operations and supervises student assistants in conjunction with the AOC. Additionally, the ASC oversees all aspects of the payroll process including working with the AOC and CHSS Fiscal Services to meet budget guidelines.
Office & Administrative Coordination
- Performs a variety of administrative and standard clerical duties in support of CAD Department Chair, Associate Chair, and Academic Office Coordinator.
- Works with the student assistants staffing the department front desk and otherwise provides clerical support for the clerical-related and curriculum-related procedures.
- Coordinates equipment inventory and check out system with department faculty, staff and students.
- Maintains department communication projects including email campaigns, social media, hallway bulletin boards, and front desk flyers.
- Oversees advising appointment scheduling system for CAD students and faculty advisors.
- Acts as the first point of contact for all student and community inquiries, and is responsible for providing accurate information and policies for all issues and directing them to the Academic Office Coordinator.
- Provides program information and assistance with resolving problems.
- Coordinates academic internships with CAD students, CAD lecturers, and the Institute for Civic and Community Engagement (ICCE).
- Provides internship related support to CAD students & lecturers.
- Prepares reports about the CAD academic internship and CSL courses for the CAD Department and for ICCE.
- Provide support to faculty who run special programs/projects within the department.
- Responsible for collection and review of student assistant time and labor.
- Responsible for pick-up and reconciliation, and distribution of pay warrants from HSS to all faculty, lecturers, staff, and student assistants and for reporting discrepancies to HSS/Fiscal Services.
Other duties as assigned.
- A full range of moderate to complex clerical and secretarial work assignments involving the use of judgement and discretion in support of an administrative or academic office or individual.
- Projects are usually of moderate scope and complexity, such as completion of smaller to medium scale projects or discrete components of larger projects.
- Day-to-day work is performed relatively independently with general instructions, except for new assignments.
- Own priorities are regularly set and multiple work priorities are managed. May help set priorities for others but primarily accountable for own work results.
- Assignments may include planning and coordinating clerical work activities and providing lead work direction and/or training and assistance to others in work processes and procedures.
- Assignments are varied involving the regular use of judgment and discretion. Courses of action are guide by some interpretation of policies and procedures.
- A variety of problems are addressed and practical, thorough, and at times, creative solutions are developed. Ingenuity may be used to adapt guidelines and procedures to meet new needs.
- Assignments and projects often involve coordinating with other work groups to gather routine information or solve problems.
- Bachelor's degree
- Expert knowledge of software applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Campus Solutions, PeopleSoft, and design programs.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems, and capability to develop, recommend, evaluate and propose solutions.
- Knowledge of the Child & Adolescent Development major, policies, and curriculum offerings are preferred.
- Experience with digital camera, fax, scanner, printers, cloud storage, both MAC and PC computers, and basic IT tasks.
Core competencies - embody the following competencies:
- Bias toward collaboration and teamwork.
- Effective oral, written and nonverbal communication skills.
- Customer/Client Focus with an emphasis in problem solving and resolution.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility as demonstrated by interpersonal and professional confidence.
- Diversity and inclusion.
Occasionally lifting boxes weighing up to 50 pounds is required. Some work on weekends and evenings will be required and the work-week will be adjusted accordingly.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
How To Apply
**THE ONLINE RECRUITMENT SYSTEM WILL ALLOW ONLY ONE FILE ATTACHMENT FOR EACH SUBMISSION**
Submit an online application and upload in one file attachment your resume, cover letter, describing your specific qualifications for each position AND three (3) professional references who can comment upon your education and/or job related experience.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
This position is open until filled.
Review of applications to begin 08/09/2019.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled