Three full-time positions available on or after December 2, 2019 for the University Police Department.
Under the general supervision of the Police Lieutenant, and day to day direction of the Police Sergeant, sworn Police Officers provide public safety services on and near campus and perform a wide variety of general law enforcement duties.
* Education: Possess a high school diploma or equivalent; successful completion of a P.O.S.T. certified training program, including obtaining a Basic Course Certificate.
* Certification: POST Certification
* License: Valid California Driver's License
* Be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
* Have no felony convictions.
* Ability to interact with the community.
* Ability to work independently and make sound judgements.
* Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of policing issues, philosophies, and practices within a University environment.
* Ability to use computer devices, software, programs, and other modern law enforcement technology.
* Thorough knowledge of investigative techniques.
* Ability to work rotating shifts and weekends.
Salary Range: $4,682 - $7,235 per month plus excellent paid benefits. (Salary will depend on the qualifications of the successful finalists.)
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled