SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
This is a one year probationary position.
Monday to Friday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Anticipated Hiring Range*
$5,200 to $5,800 monthly ($62,400 to $69,600 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Development and Campaign Operations, the Executive Assistant for Development provides high level analytical and specialized assistance including day-to-day support to the Associate Vice President for University Development and the Executive Director of Development and Campaign Operations. This position will perform highly sensitive and confidential executive-level support work requiring an awareness of the office priorities and an understanding of the functions of the University Development and the University Advancement division. The incumbent will interact with donors and prospects, the SFSU Foundation Board of Directors, and with the President's office, deans, faculty, staff, alumni and community leaders. The Executive Assistant also interfaces directly with the staff within the department of University Development and the Advancement Division.
The incumbent performs a variety of administrative functions as well as managing project-based assignments. The Executive Assistant will: effectively manage inquiries, calls, calendar, files, mail and travel arrangements; schedule and attend meetings as appropriate; maintain current information on boards on committees on which the AVP serves as a staff designee; assist with human resource recruitment for open positions; establish and implement software programs and office procedures; and maintain and reconcile department procurement/travel card.
Administrative Support to Executives
- Proactively manages the AVP and Executive Director¿s complex calendars, independently committing them to action, as needed.
- Reviews and initiates action on all incoming mail and correspondence to the AVP and Executive Director, including highly sensitive and confidential information, and independently responds to requests for information, ensuring appropriateness and accuracy of response, as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates agendas, reports, proposals, requests and other incoming information from University administrative units noting established deadlines for action and responses.
- Establishes and builds effective working relationships with University administrative units, including the Office of the President, Vice President for Advancement, Provost, Deans and others.
- Prepares and disseminates directives and action requests to others on behalf of the AVP and Executive Director.
- Plans and manages all logistics for business and social functions for AVP and Executive Director as needed.
- Drafts and proofs letters and reports.
- Independently researches, analyzes, and compiles relevant information and materials from a variety of sources to ensure that the AVP and the Executive Director are properly briefed and prepared for all meetings, events and other engagements.
- Compiles and analyzes a variety of information and data, and prepares briefings, reports and other informational documents as assigned for meetings.
- Creates and maintains a filing system for the AVP and the Executive Director.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and compiles materials related to the business travel of AVP and Executive Director.
- Prepares travel itineraries including maps and directions for the AVP and Executive Director.
- Schedules ad hoc meetings for the AVP & Executive Director with internal and external constituents.
- Takes meeting minutes, prepares draft for approval and distributes to participants, as required by AVP and the Executive Director.
- Works collaboratively with the AVP & Executive Director to prepare and package proposals and case statements.
- Develops and produces presentations for meetings in coordination with the AVP and Executive Director.
- Conducts research as needed.
- Provide administrative support for Foundation Board Committees, including the Committee on Directors, Development Committee, Campaign Cabinet and other related sub-committees.
- Organizes and coordinates meetings
- Prepare and distribute meeting notifications, correspondence and agenda materials.
- Attends meetings and takes minutes as needed.
- Schedules standing department meetings.
- Updates Advance with newly acquired information, as appropriate.
- Conducts basic research on prospects and donors.
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing for vacant office support staff positions.
- Ensures smooth daily operations of the Development Office.
- Monitors main phone line to ensure coverage at all times.
- Develops and implements strategies for efficiency.
- Assists in creating, implementing and revising office policies and procedures.
- Serves as back-up to administrative support staff as needed.
- Assist with onboarding new Development employees.
- Processes invoices for General Fund and University Corporation
- Processes travel, hospitality and miscellaneous reimbursements for officers.
- Develops, coordinates and executes purchase processes and requests; creates and submits online requisitions
- Manages all invoices, payments and payment approval processes for Development, as needed
- Processes direct pay forms and reimbursements forms
- Reconciles procurement card and travel card
- Support for assigned DoD¿s
Other duties as assigned.
-Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent in education and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply extensive expertise to complex programs and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated expertise in and advanced knowledge of the principles, problems, and methods of public and business administration and operational and fiscal management.
- Expertise in administrative survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods, and the ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies.
- Ability to understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective and discern applicable underlying principles to conceive of and develop strategic solutions.
- Ability to work with representatives from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations. Demonstrated consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus.
- Use of appreciable ingenuity and innovation to conceive of new approaches and solutions to address complex problems and issues.
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Independently performance of varied or specialized administrative and analytical duties.
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgement.
- Five years of executive level administrative support, analytical and clerical experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, experience establishing and maintaining an accurate record keeping, detailed calendaring with multiple internal and external parties and a filing system.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments with great attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information.
- Experience hiring, evaluating, coordinating and training administrative support staff.
- Experience in higher education environment within highly sensitive work environments.
- Experience working in Development, Advancement or other related departments.
- Experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proof reading skills.
- Familiarity with donor management databases.
- Applicant must be proficient in using software such as MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Internet and other software applications.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work*
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
How To Apply
**THE ONLINE RECRUITMENT SYSTEM WILL ALLOW ONLY ONE FILE ATTACHMENT FOR EACH SUBMISSION**
Submit an online application and upload in one file attachment your resume, cover letter, describing your specific qualifications for each position AND three (3) professional references who can comment upon your education and/or job related experience.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
This position is open until filled.
Review of applications to begin 11/08/2019.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled