SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $3,350.00/month to $3,997.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
Transfer Asian Pacific American Student Success - referred to as the T-APASS program - was designed to make retention and career success more accessible for students who are Asian American and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) transferred to CSUEB from Community Colleges. The intent of the project is to increase recruitment, retention and career success of students of the campus AAPI communities.
Project T-APASS is a partnership between various segments of the university, including Academic Affairs; Student Affairs; two colleges - CLASS & Science; and numerous community organizations.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Director, the Office Manager coordinates the administrative/clerical operations of TAPASS and the APASS staff as well as the Principal Investigators (PI) of the T-APASS program, funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI). The Office Manager develops and implements procedures to ensure that the department functions effectively and efficiently. This position is also responsible for the maintenance of personnel administrative support functions as well as assisting in the development and maintenance of budget and inventory control.
This is a temporary, full-time position through November 1, 2020, with the possibility of reappointment.
* Provide support on designated projects for the APASS Coordinator
* Inform APASS Coordinator of various situations having an impact on the department or its programs
* Serve as a primary contact person for guests, visitors, and those with scheduled appointments with the APASS Coordinator
* Work with Transfer-APASS students to connect them with program and campus services
* Support the APASS Coordinator in project leadership roles and represent the unit on key projects both internal and external
* Specialize in administrative support duties and/or services
* Anticipate problems and address them proactively
* Assists Coordinator in maintaining the APASS Coordinator Calendar
* Assist in the screening and examining of incoming mail for staff
* Schedule department meetings. Schedule external meetings upon request
* Prepare and distribute agendas and memos; compose correspondence and reports
* Maintain confidential files. Organize and maintain administrative and confidential files
* Oversee day-to-day program and organizational unit operations
* Anticipate and plan for staffing, equipment, and supply needs
* Provide leadership and guidance in creating and maintaining a professional and student friendly environment
* Provide application and follow-up documentation for departmental grant proposals
* Maintain a calendar of events for the APASS Program
* Coordinate travel requests for program staff and programs events
* Coordination of major departmental mailings
* Initiate and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
* Act as liaison to departments or agencies, on and off campus, in order to gather information, make/monitor arrangements, or resolve problems. Such departments include, but are not limited to, Payroll, Human Resources, Financial Aid, Accounting, Budget, Admissions, Records, Receiving, Facilities Management, Purchasing, Copy Center, Academic Departments and Administrative Offices
* Assist the PIs in planning and implementing the SEAAS Tri-annual conference
Budget: Maintain department budget: Monitor budget expenditures from numerous department accounts, General Fund, including CSUEB Foundation, Inc., and special grants. Develop and maintain a budget and inventory control system, and keep the Executive Director and other administrative staff informed of allocations/expenditures.
* Manage the TAPASS budget
* Analyze, review and deliver monthly budget expenditures to the PI and provide copies to the TAPASS staff
* Reconcile income and expenditures for all accounts
* Develop and present reports, text material to summarize, and justify budget expenditures
* Coordinate departmental requests for travel, supplies, equipment, printing, and manage expenditures on the budget database
* Responsible for the expenses and reconciliation pertaining to the usage of the departmental Procurement Credit Cards
* Manage the processing of Staff Action Forms (e-SAF) and Student Employment Action Forms (SEAF) and System Action Request Forms (eSARF)
* Oversee the requisitioning and allocation of equipment supplies
* Maintain current knowledge of PeopleSoft Financial System
* Responsible for coordinating arrangements for numerous departmental special events
* Proof and edit department correspondence and flyers
* Serve on various university committees as a representative of the department
* Represent the department through attendance at campus events, membership in campus organizations, and involvement in event planning committees
* Keep records, produce minutes of meetings, and provide administrative and logistical support in the implementation of cultural/educational events.
* Prepares routine memoranda and reports, and makes necessary copies as requested.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Must be available to work some nights and weekends
* Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
* Professional phone and personal demeanor with strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
* Detail oriented with excellent time-management/organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task, adapt and improvise
Requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* 6 months of administrative assistant work experience
* Experience handling confidential information
* Experience in grant research program
* Experience in university/college student service offices
* Experience with data entry
* Experience working with diverse student population
* Knowledge of PeopleSoft system
* Knowledge/experience working with AAPI students and community
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled