Job SummaryMake a Difference - Save lives as a First Responder in 9-1-1
Do you have a passion for helping your fellow man?
Do you crave a career that is fulfilling and purposeful?
Are you looking for an opportunity, where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others?
If you answered YES to these questions, you could be the perfect fit for Grand Prairie Emergency Communications Center.
We are continually seeking diverse, highly motivated, committed individuals who seek to enhance the lives of others, through service.What it takes to make the team
- You must display a positive, upbeat, team focused attitude
- You must be able to work calmly under pressure, while making time-sensitive decisions
- To achieve daily success, you must be able to work well as part of a team
- Being solution oriented and open to innovation
- We work in a fast paced environment, being able to adapt to change quickly, is definitely a necessity
- Achieving and maintaining excellence takes feedback, so you must be comfortable with receiving constant feedback on your performance
Essential Job FunctionsEssential Job Functions
- You must be dependable, as the success of our team depends on it
- Skillfully respond, in tandem, with Police and Fire teams, to requests from the community
- Utilizing telephone, radio and computer systems to communicate with our community and other first responders
- Prioritize emergency and non-emergency request for assistance
- Make quick decisions in emergency situations in the interest our community members and other first responders
- Perform general clerical and support duties, relative to Public Safety
- We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays, weekends, so flexibility in your schedule is a must
The benefits of working for the City of Grand Prairie Emergency Communications Center
- After graduating the Communications Academy, you will be assigned to 1 of 4 teams, working a 12 hour shift that meets the needs of the Emergency Communications Center
- A competitive pay, starting at $19.08/hour
- Lateral Pay Opportunities
- Endless opportunities for skill advancement and training
- 2 to 1 match into Texas Municipal Retirement System
Minimum QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Great Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- This position requires access to Criminal Justice Information & due to CJIS/FBI policy, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience
- Valid Texas Driver's License
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, reading, math and/or office processes. Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school or GED equivalency
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to type at least 35 words per minute on a computer keyboard
Candidate will be required to pass pre-employment screening which includes drug screen, polygraph, psychological, and background investigation.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous