Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Provide comprehensive support services for adults who suffer from a chronic serious mental illness who are involved with the 19 th Judicial Circuit Court Mental Health Court and/or Drug Court Programs. Provide linkage to community-based resources, support clients in their recovery effort and provide them with skills/support to remain in an independent living situation. Complete LCHD and/or state-based assessments.
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Monday - Friday (8:30 am - 4:30pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Provides direct services to clients including case management and outreach.
- Develops client’s abilities to problem-solve interpersonal conflicts.
- Works with clients to secure and maintain entitlements, housing, and other needed services.
- Provides linkage/referral, support and advocacy with other community resources for clients.
- Demonstrates/teaches ADL’s, when required.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals.
- Focuses on client empowerment and evidence-based practices in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Monitors client progress and regularly assesses client level of functioning.
- Must meet minimum productivity expectations.
- Assists in facilitating transportation of clients.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffing’s on assigned clients. Reports client progress, behavior problems or need for medication evaluation to program supervisors/physicians/psychiatrists regularly.
Therapeutic Intensive Monitoring Case Manager (TIM)
- Attends staffing’s with 19 th Judicial Circuit, community agencies and others, as necessary.
- Assists eligible clients in attending TIM Court and other court related appointments.
- Maintains an awareness of and professional involvement/collaboration with community resources.
- Conducts home visits and outreach to encourage client’s continued participation in treatment.
- Assists clients in developing and maintaining a budget.
- Teaches daily living skills, leisure time planning skills, recreational planning and time planning skills.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Associate’s degree and five (5) years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of experience
- Master’s degree and no experience
If in a SUPR funded program, within 24 months of employment:
- Must obtain certification as an Alcohol/Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) by the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Board (I.A.O.D.A.P.C.A.) or have equivalent certification by a similar state or national board, or
- Licensed by the State of Illinois as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW).
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.