Position Description Final Filing Date: Continuous Exam #19/80L02/11MG
The Monterey County Health Department exists to enhance, protect and improve the health of the people in Monterey County. The Health Department's Clinic Services Bureau is looking for Patient Services Representatives II to perform general registration duties in one of the Monterey County Health Department clinics, that are located in Salinas, Seaside and Marina which provide family practice, women's health, internal medicine, pediatric, behavioral health and specialty services. These incumbents are responsible to interview patients to collect, document, and verify billing information for each patient encounter and accurately enter the data into the information system or electronic health record.
The Clinic Services Bureau operates seven clinics and two satellite clinics, including the Alisal Health Center, Seaside Family Health Center, Monterey County Health Clinic at Marina, four Laurel Clinics located in Salinas, which include Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Vista and Pediatrics, and two Bienestar behavioral health integration clinics in Seaside and Salinas.
The Clinics offer care to the medically underserved in Monterey County. The mission of the Clinic Services Bureau is to provide access to high quality medical care to all residents of Monterey County regardless of their ability to pay.
The eligible list established from this recruitment process will be used to fill the current positions and may be used to fill future vacancies as they arise. Examples of Duties THE IDEAL CANDIDATE Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Basic clerical skills, data entry, handling multiple phone lines, and excellent customer service
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate clearly and effectively with various staff, patients, professional, and paraprofessionals
- Patient registration and data intake into an Electronic Health Record
- Basic medical terminology usage and spelling to complete pertinent registration and insurance documents
- Familiarity with programs, services and departments in order to refer patients to appropriate resources
- Establish and maintain a warm, caring and respectful atmosphere with all patients from diverse social and cultural backgrounds who seek medical care from our Bureau.
- Recognize the need to summon medical judgement/triage from clinical staff
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contracted through the course of work
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
- Independent Worker
- Takes initiative
- Clear and effective communicator
- Establish and maintain a warm and caring atmosphere with patients from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
Conditions of Employment:
As a condition of employment, the incumbent will be required to:
- Be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays and during times of disaster or emergency.
- Successfully pass an extensive background investigation to the satisfaction of the Appointing Authority with the ability to be bonded. The Health Department will conduct thorough background and reference checks which include a Department of Justice fingerprint check. The Applicant will be required to execute a consent and waiver for the background investigation.
- Possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record.
For a complete job description please visit
https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/pages/hr/class-specs/80L02.pdf Additional Information APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
Submit the following application materials to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906:
• Monterey County Employment Application form
• Response to the Supplemental Questions
Or apply on-line at www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel Please be aware if the application form and responses to supplemental questions, are not submitted timely with other required application materials, the application will be removed from further consideration and not be considered further.Final filing date: Continuous
Resume may be submitted in addition to, but will not be accepted in lieu of required application materials.
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess the applicant's possession of required qualifications, this recruitment may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination
. For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at (831) 796-1291.
NOTE: If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at (831) 796-1291. Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the U. S. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed above. BENEFITS
:The County offers an excellent benefits package (J Bargaining Unit)
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package that includes 22 days of annual leave; educational leave; 11 holidays per year; health, dental, vision; life insurance; and CALPERS retirement. For more benefits information please contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at 831-755-4515. Benefits Summary:
The information listed above is a general summary of benefits for this position. This information is not legally binding, nor does it serve as a contract. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies and Practices Resolution prevails over this listing.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.