Under supervision, provides therapy to clients and groups ordered into the Court Programs including Probation, Detention, and Programming, will serve as part of a Court Team to provide optimum behavior health services for individuals under the jurisdiction of the Court, their parents, and families dealing with a variety of behavior health issues including addictions. Plans, coordinates, participates, and implements programs, activities, and counseling to meet mental, emotional, and social needs as assigned.
Successful applicants must also undergo and successfully complete a criminal history/background investigation (felony and misdemeanor convictions may be disqualifying depending upon the number, severity and recency). Offers of employment are conditioned upon the candidate's successful completion of a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination and pre-employment drug/alcohol screen. REPORTS TO:
Deputy Director of Juvenile Court Services. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
- Note: Resumes are considered supplemental information only. Failure to complete the entire online application, including fully detailing all education and experience, will likely result in disqualification. Please read and follow the Superior Court Application Instructions .
- Complete and submit your application, resume, letter of interest online.
- Print, read, complete, and return to Superior Court Human Resources at 401 E. Spring St., Kingman, AZ 86401 the additional Probation Department Supplemental Application Packet .
:Your application will not be screened until the Probation Department Supplemental Application packet is received by Superior Court Human Resources.Be sure your packet is notarized as well.
The position is open until filled. First review of applications will begin on Wednesday, December 5, 2018. Essential Job Functions
Please see job description .Minimum Qualifications REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Master's degree in Behavioral Health field such as social work, psychology, psychiatry, counseling or closely related field and one of the following from the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners-Licensed Associate Marriage & Family Therapist, Licensed, Associate Counselor, Licensed Master Social Worker, or a Licensed Associate Substance Abuse Counselor in the state of Arizona. SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age; U.S. citizen or have legal resident status;
- Must successfully pass a criminal history/background investigation, a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination and pre-employment drug/alcohol screen.
- Must complete annual training as required by the Committee on Judicial Education and Training (COJET).
- Must possess a valid State of Arizona Driver's License at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Employees are subject to immediate callout when an emergency, disaster or breach of homeland security occurs. Employees shall be available, unless excused, to ensure the court is adequately staffed during and immediately following natural and/or manmade disasters, infectious disease outbreaks, and acts of terrorism. This may require assisting other employees in the work unit in accomplishing assignments as necessary and the working of unusual, long hours over an extended period of time with infrequent breaks or rest periods. An employee who is working with an accommodation must meet with their supervisor and division head to discuss their requirement for response.