The PositionThis is a continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on:12/10/19, 1/10/20, 3/13/20, 6/12/20, 9/11/20 (Finalcut-off)
Under close supervision, the Election Clerk performs a variety of routine administrative support tasks related to the registration of voters and administration of elections.All Election Clerk positions are temporary intermittent positions, which are limited to 1560 hours worked per year. Election Clerks may be assigned to full-time and/or part-time hours, not to exceed 1560 hours worked. Watch to Explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and AbilitiesKnowledge of
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other specialized applications related to area of assignment
- Efficient file maintenance and organization
- Standard warehouse safety procedures
- Basic mathematics; including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Employment QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Read and compare handwritten signatures rapidly and accurately
- File documents accurately and rapidly; alphabetically, chronologically, or numerically
- Operate office equipment such as copy machines, computers, and fax machines
- Understand and explain routine policy, procedure, and law to the general public
- Follow written and verbal instructions
Six (6) months of full-time (paid or volunteer) clerical experience including customer relations, data entry, giving and receiving information on a daily basis, and/or general recordkeeping.Note:
Part-time experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.General Qualifications
License Requirement: A valid California Driver License, Class C or higher, may be required at the time of appointment. Failure to obtain or maintain the appropriate California Driver License may constitute cause for personnel action in accordance with Civil Service Rules or applicable bargaining agreement. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Forklift Certification: Some positions in this class require the incumbent to obtain and maintain a valid forklift certification.
Selective Certification: Some positions in this class may require the ability to speak, read, write and/or translate in a language other than standard English. Where required, these special skills may be used in performing such tasks as the following:
- Gives information either by telephone or in person regarding registration and voting requirements or departmental services to persons whose understanding of standard English is limited.
- Assists in proofreading translated materials.
Physical Requirements: Some positions in this class may be required to lift materials weighing up to 50 pounds from floor to approximately four (4) feet above floor level with assistance as needed. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Working Conditions: Some positions in this class require incumbents to work weekends, holidays, and non-routine hours during peak operating times.Probationary Period
Positions in this class are temporary; there is no probationary period.Application and Testing Information
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail
EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: 9/11/2020 5:00 PM Pacific