JobPark Services Officer Aide - Extra Help, Seasonal
Town of Los Gatos - Santa Clara County, CA
$21.58 - $27.54 an hour - Part-time, TemporaryThe Town of Los Gatos Parks and Public Works Department
is seeking individuals to assist the Park Services Officer with seasonal facility maintenance, including cleaning restrooms and collecting garbage; resource management; visitor services; parking fee collection duties; and trail maintenance. The ideal candidate will have the ability to learn new skills, the ability to follow directions, and a strong commitment to provide exemplary customer service to park visitors.
This position requires driving to different park locations and handling power-driven tools and machines. Candidates selected for this position must have a valid California driver license or equivalent and must be at least 18 years of age at the date of hire.
Extra-help positions offer temporary employment for up to 1000 hours which is equivalent to about six months full-time, however, employment might end sooner depending on the needs of the hiring department. Extra-help positions are paid on an hourly rate basis and are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the extra-help assignment.Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Actively engage with the public to provide excellent customer service, anticipate customer needs and deliver services in a timely and respectful manner.
2. Patrols parks or trails and other public recreational area.
3. Provide information and direct visitors to appropriate park areas.
4. Develop and participate in interpretive programs.
5. Report unsafe conditions, incidents of vandalism, and other related conditions.
6. Interpret and apply oral or written material/instructions.
7. Prepare reports and maintain records of activities; may make recommendations on relevant subjects such as modifications to equipment or facilities to reduce vandalism or improve safety.
8. Tactfully and effectively enforce rules and regulations governing facilities. Issue warnings and code citations, directs traffic, enforce park rules as necessary.
9. Assist ill or injured park visitors until proper medical aid arrives.
10. Operate a motor vehicle or motorized maintenance equipment.
11. Conduct light maintenance activities (e.g., repairing, making and installing signs, fences, etc.)
12. Perform watering, weeding, pesticide applications, pruning, trash control and perform minor repairs and custodial maintenance.
13. Operate light motorized equipment including, but not limited to, pick-up trucks, dump trucks, power mowers, sprayers and tractors. May occasionally operate heavier and more complex equipment.
14. Ensure compliance with park rules, codes and ordinances.
15. Work weekends, holidays, or other irregular hours.
16. May direct the work of other employees on an intermittent or project basis.
17. May direct the work of volunteer service organizations on an intermittent or project basis.
18. Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.Minimum qualifications & RequirementsMinimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and ability is qualifying.
Policies, procedures and safety regulations related to the park location to which assigned; safety hazards and equipment related to park and open space environments; driving and operating automobiles, light trucks. Communicating effectively orally and in writing. Customer service principles. Municipal codes, policies and regulations pertaining to the use of public parks and trails. Basic techniques, tools, and equipment used in park maintenance and management. Principles and practices of first aid and safety. Methods and materials used in park interpretive programs. Principles and practices of park management, and general law enforcement.Supplemental informationApply immediately. This recruitment is open on a continuous basis and selections may be made at any time within the process.
The information contained within this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice and does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
The Town of Los Gatos is an Equal Opportunity and does not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, medical, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by law. Qualified individuals with a disability will receive reasonable accommodation, as required by the California Family Rights Act ( CFRA ), and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504, during any phase of the selection process, providing such request is made to Human Resources at least five working days in advance. Medical disability verification may be required prior to accommodation. Under federal law, all job applicants must prove authorization to work in the United States at the time of job offer.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous