Tacoma Public Schools
Substitute Bus Driver
Hourly Rate: $20.2481 per hour
This on-call position operates school buses to transport students and other authorized persons on all types of district approved activities.
1. Drives a school bus on scheduled routes and/or on all types of district approved activities inside and outside district boundaries.
2. Services, inspects and cleans school buses and related equipment to ensure compliance with state and district regulations.
3. Maintains control of student passengers as related to safety; reports unsafe acts or conditions which require the attention of any person other than driver.
4. Completes forms, records and reports to ensure compliance with state and district regulations.
5. Attends meetings and completes any training programs as required by the state and the district; maintains current knowledge of all laws and policies established by the state.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Performs basic first aid as necessary.
2. Provides assistance in loading and unloading students from bus; assists passengers in evacuating bus in emergency situations.
3. Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High school graduation or equivalent, three years of driving experience, and completion of bus driver training programs; or any combination of experience and training which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform the work.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of state and district policies regarding school bus transportation.
Knowledge of basic first aid and CPR.
Skill in obtaining, clarifying and exchanging information.
Ability to physically move in an overturned bus and assist students.
Ability to operate communications equipment.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multi-cultural, diverse socio-economic setting.
Required Licenses/Special Requirements
Valid Washington State driver's license and commercial driver's license with proof of acceptable driving record for the past three years and appropriate endorsement for driving a school bus.
First aid and CPR card or required to obtain within first 30 days of employment.
Must be 21 years of age.
Required to pass a U.S. DOT physical.
Must continue compliance with State Board of Education Requirements for Bus Drivers (WAC 180-20).
May be required to work outdoors in inclement weather.
Job Locator Number: D4203
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Tacoma School District administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the primary functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Tacoma Public Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator: Lisa Nolan, 253-571-1252, email@example.com; Title IX Coordinator: Eric Hogan, 253-571-1191, firstname.lastname@example.org; and 504 Coordinator: Elementary, Steven Mondragon, email@example.com, 253-571-1173; Secondary, Jon Bell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 253-571-1225. Address: P.O. Box 1357, Tacoma, WA 98401-1357.
HRInfo@tacoma.k12.wa.us, (253) 571-1250