Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Evaluates and assesses clients. Target population is serving clients with a primary diagnosis of substance abuse and are experiencing homelessness. Prepares and implements treatment plans with clients. Provides therapeutic and supportive services to clients, including individual, group, and family counseling and case management. Prepares and presents education seminars to clients, their families, the general public and other service providers on chemical dependency and/or mental health. Case management activities are generally community based.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: 37.5 hours a week. Monday - Friday (8:00am-4:00pm)
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
Skills and Experience
- Provides direct services to clients including organizing and facilitating individual and group treatment and activities, supervision of the milieu and case management and outreach.
- Develops clients abilities to problem-solve interpersonal conflicts.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- Provides atmosphere of customer service in assuring that clients are treated in a friendly and respectful manner. Displays positive attitudes and behaviors in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Focuses on client empowerment and evidence-based practices in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffing's on assigned clients. Reports client progress, behavior problems or need for medication evaluation to program supervisors/physicians/psychiatrists regularly.
- May assist in the orientation and training of new staff.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons who present themselves at the program.
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program. Provides ongoing assessment of client’s progress/growth.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
Consistent with the Community-Based Mental Health Professional Qualifications as a Mental Health Professional (MHP):
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in any field and two (2) years’ experience, or
- High School diploma or GED and five (5) years’ experience
If in a SUPR funded program, within 24 months of employment:
- Must obtain certification as an Alcohol/Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) by the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Board (I.A.O.D.A.P.C.A.) -or- have equivalent certification by a similar state or national board
- If a recovering person, they must have two years of demonstrated sobriety.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.