The PositionThis is a continuous filing exam, 28172-B. The next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on: 5/29/20, 8/28/20, 11/27/20
Under close supervision, the Maintenance Worker performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks with the maintenance of County roads and related infrastructures, drainage systems, pipeline systems, solid waste management facilities, wastewater systems, landscaped areas, and other related facilities. Watch to Explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and AbilitiesKnowledge OfAbility To
Employment QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Learn to perform a variety of manual tasks related to assigned duties
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Maintain courteous and effective relationships with co-workers and the public
- Read, write, and speak English at a level necessary for satisfactory job performance
There are no education or experience requirements for this class.Special Requirements
Physical Requirements : In some positions incumbents will be required to perform heavy manual labor which may include such tasks as digging ditches; lifting and carrying of materials including, but not limited to cement bags, sewer pipe, and sign posts; frequent walking and/or standing, carrying or throwing shovelsful of paving material; working outdoors in all types of local weather conditions.
License Required : A valid California Driver's License, Class C or higher, is required prior to appointment to this class. Failure to maintain a valid License may constitute cause for termination from this class in accordance with Civil Service Rule 11.4. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Minimum Age : 18 years.
Special Access : Some positions require the ability to maintain an Airport Security Badge allowing access to secure County Airport locations.
Background Check : Some positions in this class must pass an employment history/access investigation and possibly a criminal history record check in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration Regulations and Sacramento County Policies and Procedures. Fingerprinting will be required.Probationary Period:
The probationary period for this classification is six (6) months.Application and Testing InformationAPPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: Continuous