Candidate must be at least 15 years of age by time of hire.
Licenses and Certificates :Current American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (ARC) Certifications by time of hire.
Physical Requirements: Mobility within a swimming pool environment; must participate in rescuing swimmers in danger of drowning.General Purpose
Under general supervision, enforce swimming pool safety rules and regulations, prevent injuries by minimizing hazardous situations and/or behaviors, and engage in general tasks associated with the operation of a swimming pool.Typical Duties
- Monitor swimming pool to enforce safety rules and regulations and caution swimmers about unsafe swimming practices.
- Rescue swimmers using necessary lifesaving techniques and administer minor first aid.
- Participate in judging and timing swimming events, as assigned.
- Participate in training of swimming pool personnel, as assigned.
- Prepare necessary daily forms accurately.Perform opening and closing procedures.
- Clean pool and pool area.Perform minor adjustments and maintenance to the swimming pool's filtration and chlorination systems and provide maintenance support (chemical tests, maintenance order requests), as needed in absence of Pool Manager.
For complete job specification, click here .
Salary Range: $11.17 - $15.22 per hour.
The starting salary is generally at the beginning of the salary range.Please Note: This eligible list could be used to fillunclassified year-round and summer seasonal positions.Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. This position will close when a preset number of qualified applications have been received.
Note: Applicants with a foreign degree must have all relevant documents translated and evaluated by a College, University, or Credentials Evaluation Services Department prior
to submitting them to the Human Resources Department.
Closing Date/Time: 12/31/2019 11:59 PM Mountain